Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
my buddy has one on his 12 and he says it helped alot, but he did have his tuned on a dyno too. the only thing he said about it is that if your doin like city driving stop n go the fuel will load up and kinda like bog you down so like when he's in the city he'll drive around in like 1 gear and second at a little higher of an rpm so the fuel is being consumed better! i don't know if that's answeres or helps :headscratch

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also had a question about PC's. If you put a K&N air filter and a slip on onto your bike will you still gain hp if you don't have it remapped or does it require remapping to get the hp out of your mods? Thanks for the input.

·
registered member
523 Posts
After some mods a pc is not needed, BUT if you get one and get a custom map you will improve hp a bit ...but best of all it will be smooth, driveability...

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just put a full Muzzy pipe and PwrCmdr on my '05 12 and it runs pretty kick ass. however, it too bogs down at low rpm's (2000-4000).

i haven't put it on a dyno, but i did have Muzzy pre-load their map on the PC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anybody tried out a Power Commander, Ignition Module. Do they help, or is it just another way to blow $260.00?
I've already PC III on... and just put an ignition Module...(with 2 to 5 degree advance timing)... i've lost 2 hp running on dyno :runaway

...But the rideability was great and rpm increase was stunning!

(in the first test ride i get the rev limiter w.out notice...:rolleyes)

I will try some road test (difference on acceleration etc) but it feel more quickly ...:smile

·
Registered
4 Posts
Post scriptum:

I've an zx12r '00 w. PcIII ignition mod. handicraft exaust pipe, head worked, cat removed, Bmc air filter, Cleen Air removed and i run on dyno over 170 rwhp

i will apreciate if someone have map of ignition timing to try or to confront w. mine... :rolleyes

·
Registered
11 Posts
try to get the pcIIIr to work with 2004 zx-12r

i have a 2004 zx-12r im trying to get it to work with a pcIIIr for a 2002 zx-12 become i hear it the best to use. It also hook right in to my plug. Run for awhile then shut off. I put a 2002 map on the pc, run longer but cant rev

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a full Akrapovic race system and K&N filters and don't have a PCIII yet. The bike runs perfect just as it is. Don't think I need Power Commander at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't dynoed the bike yet but it sure feels faster. Sounds great, but definately faster. I have to update my picture now because it looks better now.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have full exhaust on my zx6r w/stock air filter.
I installed the pcIII and loaded a canned tune from dynojet for "european zx6r full exhaust". I used the euro map since I have the jumper mod done putting my stock ecu into "euro spec" mode.

Bike is not nearly as lean on the air fuel ratio as it was stock.
More power across the board and throttle is much more responsive.

Can't tell that I have taken a hit on fuel economy either.
No dyno but since I have a 600 I bitterly complained about the anemic response in the low rpms. PcIII helped a lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts