Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 06 636 and i just put a slip-on muzzy system on and i have noticed since i have put it on i have poor gas milage i am getting about 100-130 miles per tank. i know i need to get a power commander for the gas milage and what not but is it bad to not have one? Also, is it going to mess anything up in the long range? thanks guyz.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's about the range I get on my bike also - slip-on, tuned and with a PC3 (w/accelerator pump enabled and set to 90%, 15% fuel, 20 cycles) also. I got just about the same range - 120~ miles before the PC3, pipe and tune... So I would have to say that for me it hasn't had a huge impact.

·
Registered
144 Posts
also remember, breakin period plays a huge roll on gas mileage. the gas mileage will get better as you get threw the first few hundred miles.
the 07 is stated to get 39mpg. That's under normal driving condition with the stock exhaust. I know i love to hear the exhaust sing, so i get on it quite a bit more then i did when it was stock. also huge effect on gas mileage, lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's about the range I get on my bike also - slip-on, tuned and with a PC3 (w/accelerator pump enabled and set to 90%, 15% fuel, 20 cycles) also. I got just about the same range - 120~ miles before the PC3, pipe and tune... So I would have to say that for me it hasn't had a huge impact.
90-15-20??? how did you come up with those number if i may ask? i'm running 60-10-20 and it feels pretty solid. i know some racers are using the higher sensitivity on the track. how does it feel like that?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think I just pulled it right out of a Dynojet article. I tried the 60% sensitivity too, and really didn't notice too much difference but maybe it jumps a little more easily...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts