Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
gold with sparkle flakes.. i have the front tire on but a spacer got misplaced. new one will be in this week when i get rear tire mounted i will take pic

Woh back up! I know for a fact that powder coating significanly weakings alloy and magnesium rims (at least on cars). So i take it most if not all ninja rims are steel or a metal blend of some kind??

Just wondering cuz ive been holding off of powdercoating my rims black due to weakness problems. But if thats not applicable to Kawasaki rims than im gonna send them in 2morow!! lol

BTW, Wheels look killer man!
What "fact" are you basing this on,annealing by definition is the heating and cooling of a metal to harden it. Magnesium has a rep of becoming brittle over long time span, so annealing it will actually benefit this.When we coat these, as you should know, we are only heating to 400f. degrees for 10-15 minutes, hardly extreme and slightly lower than a normal annealing temp of 500f for 1/2 an hour. I have heard the pros and cons of coating magnesium wheels and through much searching this is what I have found, #1 there are many companies making mag wheels that are powdercoated and many individuals out there that are happy with many differant kinds of mag wheels that have been coated, and #2 every naysayer out there cannot site any technical data to back up their claims or site EVEN ONE recorded case of a magnesium wheel failure directly related to the powdercoating or process.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.