Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Powder coated wheels

14K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  06blackpearl 
#1 · (Edited)
Its custom to me and i did all the work myself,
If you need any powder coating hit me up email/pm fast turn around* check my sig for more pics of my work
heres some pics of my girl
Stock paint
powdercoated wheels w/metal flake
powdered triple tree
powdered gas cap
powdered upper fairing brackett
powdered calipers
Carbon Fiber side covers
CB Front Fender
Gi/pro w/tre
Lightech Rearsets
speedohealer V4
PCiii/custom mapped
Brocks Full Exhaust (for Sale soon) pm for price and details
Tobin Seat
ASV shorty levers
Champs Frame Sliders
Akuma Lid w/ Red visor
Heli Bars
SS brake lines (carbon Look)
Puid DB Black windscreen/w spikes
Piper-Cross air filter ( for sale) pm for details
Galfer Wave rotors
Matris sterring Damper
6k HID kit
Red Halos
she runs on 89 octane fuel and Castrol Full Snythetic Power RS R4 4T (oil)

See less See more
#3 ·
man that is awesome. Good work:crazyloco
How much do do the wheels?

#5 ·
Wow, I love your work man. Wondering if I could get a few prices. Need each of these coated-

Frame
Subframe
Wheels
Rear sets/passenger pegs
Swingarm
Possibly top triple tree

If I could get an individual price on each, then a combo price if you would do one for the frame, subframe, swingarm, and rear sets/pass. pegs. That would be awesome! Thx!

#10 ·
Woh back up! I know for a fact that powder coating significanly weakings alloy and magnesium rims (at least on cars). So i take it most if not all ninja rims are steel or a metal blend of some kind??

Just wondering cuz ive been holding off of powdercoating my rims black due to weakness problems. But if thats not applicable to Kawasaki rims than im gonna send them in 2morow!! lol

BTW, Wheels look killer man!

#14 ·
I have done complete frames and so on , Either way a 8 OZ container of powder will do both wheel EASILY , so really your looking at roughly $35.00 in powder .

What is in your powder thats making it cost so much ? is it 24k gold flake ?

I ran a powdercoating website for years , and I have NEVER spent 50.00 in powder for 2 bikes rims . I have used many flake powders , textures , translucent , Prizum, base , primer ....oh the list goes on .

I never base my work off profit , I charge very very little , I'd rather see someone happy with my work other then a wad of money in my pocket .

#15 ·
Im not sure whats in the powder but when i have to, degrease,sand blast/or chemical strip/and use my electric it adds up. Like i said it all depends were your at florida you will never get away with certain prices cause of supply and demand. Theres Places charing $300 for a set of wheels is that high? hell yeah. But since nobody does it around here thats what peopl pay.I dont charge that much. Not wanting to argue with you but were in different places that charge diff. prices for services

#16 ·
Oh yeah , I understand that ... I do the same , sand blast , metal wash and I know its a lot of time , and then if you dont get it right your screwed , back to sand blasting again !

I would charge a lot more myself but I pay a guy to do sand blasting and all prep work so I really dont have to do a whole lot , and other people " not on forums " I can raise the price up some and they are still telling me im cheap !

good and happy customer is what makes me happy .

I also got a guy around me that makes around 70k a month powdercoating so I just go to him for the powder , so I dont pay any shipping fee's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.