Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new to the site. I've been looking at a 1991 zx7r for sale locally. Not in the greatest condition, 30k on it, and rebuilt title but i can grab it for $500. Good deal? Won't run because it's not getting fuel. I think it needs a new pump. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
203 Posts
on the surface.. if its not running, and isn't "in the greatest condition"... i'd be hard pressed to pay $500 myself. the core of the bike is the engine. if you cant run it to verify its good, whats the point if the rest of the bike is used up? could you recover the purchase price parting out whats left?

·
6,850 Posts
on the surface.. if its not running, and isn't "in the greatest condition"... i'd be hard pressed to pay $500 myself. the core of the bike is the engine. if you cant run it to verify its good, whats the point if the rest of the bike is used up? could you recover the purchase price parting out whats left?
If it is a K model, yes you can recover the purchase price many times over. It just depends if it is a k model. Heck, I just sold a set of stock FCRs with an airbox from an M model for $600.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I ended up grabbing it for $500 and filled the tank up full and it runs! Rough but I think a good cleaning and it will be good to go. Definitely excited. And it is the j model.... To bad

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
nice, any bike running/riding is worth at least 1k in my book

·
Registered
4,649 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Super stoked! Bike idles although dies when throttled. Idling is good... Time to do maintenance on everything. I think that should clear things up a bit. Smokes like a champ...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Super stoked! Bike idles although dies when throttled. Idling is good... Time to do maintenance on everything. I think that should clear things up a bit. Smokes like a champ...
Clean and balance those carbs and there's a good chance it'll run as smooth as silk once more.

Check the valve clearances whilst you're in there. All very easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts