Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 2006 zx6r about 4500 miles, except jumper mod

i get on it really hard today and i hit rev limit a few times on the twisties near my house just maybe 5 mins before shut down. . so the bike have been plenty hot.
i go back about 3 hours later and there is about half a gallon of clear/ white liquid under the bike. i checked the rad. cap on the front right of the bike and its full and rather green, i turn on the bike let it get up to 140F. and it seems fine. but where and what is this liquid?

it doesnt look like the coolent in the rad AT ALL.

any help would be great thanks

Jay

·
Registered
275 Posts
someone is playing a joke and poired water on the ground near your bike. If you ost a gallon of fluid i dont think the bike woudl run

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well its garage kept, and no one in the house was home at the time . . . so idk i was on it today and seems fine

·
Registered
494 Posts
No greasy/slimey/oily texture?

If so, I would surmise that it was just water that got caught in your bellypan and drained out once you stopped. Bellypan's are designed to hold leaked fluids while you're on the track, so it'll hold a rather substantial amount of water until you stop.

Coolant will feel slimey, gas will be... sort of wet and dry at the same time, and you'll recognize the smell, and oil is thick and funny colored.

Check the level of coolant in your reserve tank (under the left side fairing) and if it's still at a good level don't worry about it, unless it happens again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts