Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Possible clutch slippage?

408 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  slim1100 
#1 ·
Recently I've been having issues on my 2012 zx14r after shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. I'm running an air shifter, engine kill done through the pc5. It has a new Kawasaki clutch in it, and I've made 15 passes on it so far. Inspected the clutch on the weekend after noticing that my mph had dropped from 143mph, to 129mph for 3 consecutive passes. I noticed the plates weren't saturated with oil, so I oiled them up before reassembling. Stack height still measured 2.155", and all steels and friction plates looked good. Had a couple good passes after that, but then shifted from 2nd to 3rd, and after it went into 3rd, rpms dropped and then spiked. The following pass, it tried shifting into 3rd, went back into 2nd, hit the button again and it went in. Engine kill timing is set at .65ms and shift light is set at 10500rpm with rev limiter at 11200. This seems to happen later in the day after a few passes, first run of the day never has issues

#2 ·
incorrect oil can cause problems... just throwing it out there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.