Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Its pretty cool. Is it me or does the passenger seat look Extremely high up?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
:crazyloco :crazyloco :crazyloco :crazyloco :crazyloco

First pix of 2008 ZX-10R from UK site:
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle...008_kawasaki_zx_10r_official_images/1477.html

Front view (looks like it may be a photoshopped image):
http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/scoop_2008_kawasaki_zx_10r_revealed/1395.html

That's not even the same bike!!

The colour is different, the tail section is different, the graphics pack is different, the venting on the fairings is different from one side (pic) to the other.

I'm not buying any of this... I'll wait til the dealer show in a week or so, and see what the actual verdict is.

:rofl

·
Registered
294 Posts
I call B.S.! Turning signals mounted to the mirrors, hugger, wheel stripes, are you serious? I believe it will strongly resemble the 07` zx6r with a slightly more aggressive character.(& more ponies)!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I call B.S.! Turning signals mounted to the mirrors, hugger, wheel stripes, are you serious? I believe it will strongly resemble the 07` zx6r with a slightly more aggressive character.(& more ponies)!
But....but.....but that IS it! (not the one with the shark gills)

·
Registered
294 Posts
My bad! This is it. I dunno man,i just don`t know. When i look at it ,i see the streetfighter rear cowl, throwback wheel stripes, & WTF is it with those turning signals apparently mounted on the mirror stalk!!! Wishin` i wouldn`t have saw it right before goin to bed, hope i don`t have nightmares! Still wouldn`t trade it for a zuki though!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I actually liked the "shark fin" one better.

I know one thing for sure.... the can is the first thing to go!! Yuck

I do like the fact that the upper fairings look like a single piece... at least from the pics. Different from the 06/07 that was a 3 piece set up (discounting the lowers).

Not sure about the signals, I know we all change em out, but the 06/07 didn't require any mods, unless you wanted to flush them up. Now, if you wanna remove the rear plate assembly, signals are gone and you need an integrator... might be a good move anyway. As for the front signals... in the mirror stalks? Did they forget about front signals and then after the bike was done.. somebody said "Oh crap... we forgot them... hmmm... where can we stick them?" Removing them will cause some issues because you'll have to get creative with adding them, or doing fairing mods to make it work. Not a good call IMHO.

The windshield looks higher, which may negate having to go to a DB windscreen, money saved to go into new exhaust.

The issue is going to be in how long it will take before anyone is making aftermarket parts to clean up all the birth defects.

Going to have to look at this closer to decide if I want to switch from the 06 to the 08.... the jury is still out for me.

Colour choices are still TBD... will be interesting to see if there is an SE model similar to the '07.

Click here for Kawi Canada's article on the new '08 10R

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
looks good, i want to see the preformance numbers

·
Registered
526 Posts
i prefer the 06-07 models better... ionno, us the shape of it n everything else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts