Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you do??

My bike is 100% ready to go, I have all my gear in good order. All I have to do is get geared up (atgatt) and ride. ...on May 30th.

I'll have $1000 available to me once a month until Sept. i am currently in Fl, and will first head to Nebraska to see my sister. From there I am free to go anywhere I want, and I'll be free until Sept.

If you had these circumstances, where would you go, what would you do, how would you manage, and what would be your MUST SEE? (conus)

Be as specific as you'd like. I'm looking for inspiration...

In a few yrs I'll have this opportunity again; hopefully aboard an adventure bike (R1200GSA, I hope) so I can step off the pavement.

This trip will be aboard a 2008 ZX14. Soft luggage & camp gear.
Previous trips: 17 states aboard 2003 VFR & & a 1400 mile trip on RC51.

I'm chomping at the bit to hit the road again & want this one to be the best trip yet.

·
16,062 Posts
I'll have $1000 available to me once a month until Sept. i am currently in Fl, and will first head to Nebraska to see my sister. From there I am free to go anywhere I want, and I'll be free until Sept.

If you had these circumstances, where would you go, what would you do, how would you manage, and what would be your MUST SEE?
Well, you will be in NE.
Things I have already seen and suggest seeing:

Drive west, through Denver, through the Rockies, find your way south, just after Grand junction, head south, through Utah and down to the Grand Canyon. It's something that you have to see.
From there, head south to Williams AZ, then West to Lake Havasu.
Lake Havasu and the London bridge are worth seeing.
Then, you can hop over the Parker Dam, to Cali and make your way all the way up the middle of Cali.
Northern Cali has some of the most beautiful countryside in the nation.
There's a ton to see in between, but driving through the Rockies and seeing the Grand Canyon are 2 things you have to do.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
This is going to be an epic journey.
And you are camping.
You can shower at truckstops for a nominal fee.
i would suggest installing the centerstand kit if you haven't already.
I would pack a pistol in your luggage. you can unpack it and keep it handy when you camp overnight.
Bring an extra ignition key.

Wow, 1400 miles on an RC51. i'm impressed.

·
Administrator
58,571 Posts
Weird. I've been getting new gear and looking at tents.
I don't even have a particular place of interest.
Just the ride and the outdoors is interesting enough for me.
Good luck with your journey. Ride safe.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I would jump on I-80 ride through Wyoming, then visit the great Salt Lake. Then continue west on 80 cross the Donner Pass ride into and sight see San Fransico. Ride down the 101 (stop at Hearst Castle) continue and check out Santa Barbara ad LA. Then take I-15 to Las Vegas. Spend a few nights there and take US 93 down to Kingman and get on I-40 to Flagstaff AZ. Camp out a few nights there and then slowly make your way back top FL whichever route you like. That's what I would so.

·
16,062 Posts
I like your route.
But you left out the Grand Canyon.
It's crazy to not stop and see it in person, if you're anywhere near it.
I think it's about an hour north out of Williams, AZ.
(35 min on the 14 :smile)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice. I did see the grand canyon aboard my vfr two yrs ago. I probably will hit the north rim this time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts