Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Zx9r and it was running but needed a new swing arm, I replaced it and had a friend fix my head lights and now the bike won’t start, it’s riding season and I’m sitting here lost, please help!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Head over to FB group you will get help there but replacing a swingarm has nothing to do with bike not starting. Battery charged? How long has it been since running, carbs plugged?

·
Registered
88 Posts
To troubleshoot things over the internet you need to provide as much detail as possible.

For example what happens when you turn the ignition on? What do you hear?

Is the bike cranking over strong?

Big difference between it not starting but trying and total electrical death.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,277 Posts
I have a 2001 Zx9r and it was running but needed a new swing arm, I replaced it and had a friend fix my head lights and now the bike won’t start, it’s riding season and I’m sitting here lost, please help!
To troubleshoot things over the internet you need to provide as much detail as possible.

For example what happens when you turn the ignition on? What do you hear?

Is the bike cranking over strong?

Big difference between it not starting but trying and total electrical death.
Need mooaarr detailz

Reactions: Cisco Kidd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was running fine but I had no headlights, I asked a shade tree mechanic to look at it and she spliced it into the other light and every since it will not start , fuel pump jumped to battery so I know it pumps, and I jump selenoid and still no start

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,277 Posts
Will this fix my problem, also only one tail light works and it was working before
Well, considering before this person touched your bike; you only had one issue. Now you have multiple issues stemming from this "fix." Undo what was done to bring you back to your baseline issue of no headlights. As KevA stated, do the job properly or have a reputable person/shop complete it. You're not fixing anything if your "fix" causes more problems. I'm not saying you, as the owner, caused the problems. I'm saying, I wouldn't let that other person touch my bike again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts