Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Layed My 05 Zx10-r Down Yesterday And Now It Wont Start, I Tried Turning The Key, I Tried Flipping The Kill Switch A Few Times And I Looked At The Spark Plugs But Nothing. It Will Turn Over But It Wont Fire And Start. Please Help Someone This Is My Only Mode Of Transportation At The Time. Anyone?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Check battery is fully charged, if the battery is discharged it will usually turn over but not have enough poke to energise the ignition system, should be at least 12.5V or ideally 13.5V
Also fuses okay?
If it went down on left side check side stand switch is okay, have you tried pulling clutch lever in when you press the start button?
Any damage?

Bit of a long shot but has the 10R got a mercury or similar acting switch that would cut the engine if the bike went over, if so does it need resetting or could it have become dislodged. Check the owners handbook.

HTH

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
most bikes are flooded after going down.... try turning of the fuel and crank a few times then start per normal

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If the bike went down on it's side, was any of the covers damaged? Reason I ask is some of those covers have behind them electrical stuff that can sometimes be the cause.

Can you post pics up of the aftermath so we can see the extent of the damage??

·
Registered
183 Posts
I gurantee you that the problem is much simpler than you think. Just take the seat off and charge the battery with cable jumpers and she'll start right up. Please post back up and let us know if it works! Good luck man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts