Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is running a little rich which is no big deal, cause whenever the plugs get fouled I just take the tank, airbox, and plugs out and spray them with some carb cleaner, scrub them with a brush and put them back in. Unfortunately, when i put them back in this time I overtorqued the #2 cylinders plug!~!~!~!~!:banghead :banghead :banghead

I thought I had stipped it out but when I pulled the plug to see what had happened it came out minus the threads...:squint

I've already accepted that I'm going to have to take the head cover off but if there's anyway I can avoid taking the head off I would apperciate any tips.
Each of the gaskets is going to cost me $40 ... :angry

I'll be going to my local Kawasaki dealer to request some photocopied pages out of the Hayned manual tomorrow...

Is it worth the money to rebuild or should I part off my bike...

·
Registered
131 Posts
How much side wall is there between the thread and the hole the rest of the plug goes though??? I may be thinking way to into it here but couldnt you get a reverse thread Tap and thread the inside of the old plug......then get a reverse bolt so when you tighten the bolt snug it will actually be removing the old spark threads also???? Maybe I have this all wrong which I probably do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts