Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is running a little rich which is no big deal, cause whenever the plugs get fouled I just take the tank, airbox, and plugs out and spray them with some carb cleaner, scrub them with a brush and put them back in. Unfortunately, when i put them back in this time I overtorqued the #2 cylinders plug!~!~!~!~!:banghead :banghead :banghead

I thought I had stipped it out but when I pulled the plug to see what had happened it came out minus the threads...:squint

I've already accepted that I'm going to have to take the head cover off but if there's anyway I can avoid taking the head off I would apperciate any tips.
Each of the gaskets is going to cost me $40 ... :angry

I'll be going to my local Kawasaki dealer to request some photocopied pages out of the Hayned manual tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
look in Mech&Tech

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm my own wrench and you should be yours. I say that and my future occupation is a "professional" mechanic. Anyways, check the mech and tech for the most recent info on this post. Got a manual for my bike and a replacement gasket for the head, gonna polish the intake and exhaust while I'm in there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm my own wrench and you should be yours. I say that and my future occupation is a "professional" mechanic.
I agree -- and don't take me up the wrong way, but if you are this far into her and don't want to take the head off (which prob. requires pulling the motor)... well, you've got to know your limitations.

Anyways, check the mech and tech for the most recent info on this post. Got a manual for my bike and a replacement gasket for the head, gonna polish the intake and exhaust while I'm in there.
I'll check the mech and tech.

If you did get it sorted yourself, then well done!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Phil fot the offer, but already got the gasket on the way. Worked around everything else, and yeah, I did drop the motor, although getting it back in will be a bitch. Once Kawasaki calls me back I'll be putting it all back together. All the parts are in my apartment and my bike (shell of a bike) is sitting in an alley. Security is a non-issue when you live in a town with a population that's less than 20,000...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts