Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 zx6r. i got tboned on it last may. Today was the first day since the accident i started it up. it started up fine. after i drove it around i let it sit and idle for about 10 minutes. i saw a small puddle of light green fluid i think is coolant but im not sure. i let it sit for another 30 then drove it around and let it idle for another 10 minutes and no leak. could this just be from being layed down and not being started in almost a year or do i have more serious problem?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have a 07 zx6r. i got tboned on it last may. Today was the first day since the accident i started it up. it started up fine. after i drove it around i let it sit and idle for about 10 minutes. i saw a small puddle of light green fluid i think is coolant but im not sure. i let it sit for another 30 then drove it around and let it idle for another 10 minutes and no leak. could this just be from being layed down and not being started in almost a year or do i have more serious problem?
Coolant - idling makes these bikes overheat like crazy even with their fans. The cooling system has a "overflow hose" that once the bike gets too hot it starts spitting boiling coolant out of it - (believe me I learned the hard way) Don't worry about it just make sure your coolant is at the right level.

·
11,782 Posts
+1 to both. Also, don't let your bike sit idling that long...it's not good for it.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
EZ, I believe he will fill her up and maybe not let it sit idling for so long anymore.

·
Registered
888 Posts
did you run over a matian?

jk.. +1 on coolant overflowing, but i'd keep an eye on it to make sure hoses did not come loose from the crash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts