Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been playing around with photoshop trying to come up with a nice paint scheme, and this is what i came up with...any opinions?

·
16,062 Posts
I like it.
But I would make the "ninja" and Japanese characters much smaller.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Remove the word 'Ninja.' Leave the kanji. Sometimes subtlety is much more powerful than screaming your message.

DW

·
Registered
209 Posts
should i remove "Ninja" completely or put it somewhere else?
I would remove it completely & go w/ the smaqller kanji. I have a SE & stripped all of the decals except for on the tank cuz it's under the clearcoat & then on the back of the seat cowl. That is the only place on the motorcycle that it even says NINJA. I think it "Looks Very Clean" & that is the exact comment I get from others alot. I too am from the school of subtlety. Too much is too busy & distracts from what you are going for.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
I like the font on the first pic, but would have the Ninja and Jap characters smaller.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The reason the kanji is so big is because I like how the large kanji is in the busa. It makes it look really distinctive

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am a big fan of "busy". I think the new GSXR (in blues) looks way nicer than the plain 14. I like the second version with the smaller letters. I think what is clashing is the actual color of the red. If you are going to spray them, I would mask everything, I would suggest doing them in grey or white, or even silver, and then getting some Brandywine Kandy (House of Kolor) and using an airbrush, shade the edges. If you put a 1/8 inch piece of tape around them, before the shading, and then remove it and shade both, you might get a nice raised effect. Then clear the stuff and take off the masks. I'm sure there are better ideas, but I'd play with the colors. Oh - make sure youdo test pieces first LOl (been there - done that)

·
Registered
418 Posts
i actually wanted them silver but its hard to make silver in photoshop
It would appear that great minds think alike! Don't forget to get something like House Of Kolor plastic prep (AP 01). I love the Orion Silver stuff. Still think you need to enhance the edges. There are places that will custom cut vinyl too (not as nice, but you can change your mind). Good luck.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I've seen the car/motorcycle build before. I saw a zx14/ dodge viper build once that I kind of liked . But still not quite my thing .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts