Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of my bike with the new Two Bros exhaust installed. Completed this on Friday night in about 4 hours with the help of my buddy 1dirtyzx6. Good thing we had and impact wrench!

I also did the jumper mod, and downloaded the new PC3 Two Bros map on Dynojet... Sounds good, looks good, rides great! Not bad at all!

Next up - dyno tuning next weekend!

·
Registered
144 Posts
ahhh damn, you beat me to it, lol....mine will be here Wed. Can you post up a sound clip real quick. I'm anxiouse to hear it, PLEASE!!!! lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks slick man... No problem on the help :) any time!

His bike sounds pretty darn good!!! Did doing the jumper mod help at all? also did anything loosen up after the 150 mile ride?

Dirty

·
Registered
532 Posts
Looks great man!!!! I am definately going to get something like that!

·
Registered
102 Posts
looks real nice!!!! how does it sound compared to the stock?
also you know how on the stock muffler there is that little round piece underneath that has wires going to it? I think thats what controls the flow through the muffler. Does that come off now? I think thats the piece that the ECU controls so do you need to tuen anything since its no longer there? Sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eric ---- The jumper mod definately helps. Bike seems smoother throughout the range of RPM's, but maybe that's my imagination. Took it down Pecos and lit it up... Redlined up until 3rd and realied I had hit 125!! It just pulled and pulled... Really came alive around 11k. The pipe seems to have smoothed a little bit too and no longer is smelly! I'm still taking it to ECS in Mesa to get the custom map done though.

I did have one bolt (the one that holds the midpipe to the frame) that came off. The nut somehow stayed tucked into a little slot, so I threw a little lock-tite on it and tightened it back up. Check all the rest to be certain. I also put on that little rubber strrip that I forgot (the fender plate) after noticing a little rubbing .

All in all it's awesome!!! Too bad I'm held up on work in CA right now - can't wait to get home and ride!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes - with the two-bros the butterfly valve comes off. I didn't tune anything else... Just put the new Two-Bros map on my PC3.

It sounds fantastic. Nice grunt, no quesiton about it.

looks real nice!!!! how does it sound compared to the stock?
also you know how on the stock muffler there is that little round piece underneath that has wires going to it? I think thats what controls the flow through the muffler. Does that come off now? I think thats the piece that the ECU controls so do you need to tuen anything since its no longer there? Sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah I figured it would, more so up top... I gutted a stock muffler today, and dissabled the butterfly (so it stays open all the time) sounds pretty good we will have to compare

·
Registered
191 Posts
What more can I say... Its HOT! I was never a real fan of tha red 07' but... THAT IS HOT! Congrats dude

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Looks good.... but I'm waiting like others to hear it. Because at 150mph it don't matter what it looks like.... LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts
What frame sliders are those you have? Did you have any problems with removing the right side bolt without loosening the adjuster nut? I can't seem to get that bolt out. :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those are the Shogun's - I had trouble too - and in fact almost stripped it out... You ideally need an impact driver or at least heat up the bolt - there is a ton of red locktight on it... I just drilled it out after starting to strip it! ;-) Had I known.... :lol

What frame sliders are those you have? Did you have any problems with removing the right side bolt without loosening the adjuster nut? I can't seem to get that bolt out. :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
There wasn't a sign of locktight on the engine mount bolt when i put the shoguns on mine.. but me and this guy hit it with a chisel and hammer about 150 times before it popped.. we were about to give up..

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah I figured it would, more so up top... I gutted a stock muffler today, and dissabled the butterfly (so it stays open all the time) sounds pretty good we will have to compare
I was also thinking of "gutting" the stock muffler, can you tell what you did?
When you disabled the power valve, did you take off the cables at the front?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts