Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always mounted Bridgestone BT023 on my bike, and I'm totally satisfied with them. But now they were replaced with new models, that are way expensive in my country, about two times a Pirelli Angel ST, from which I read favorable reviews. Someone has used this tire ?, what are your impressions ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
From what I've read they're used on lighter bikes so that make not work well for the 1100 (mileage-wise, at least).

Have you looked at the Michelin Pilot Road 5s? I've had great success with those. They're a little more expensive but more than worth it. By far the best tire I've ever used.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reviews I saw were on big sport tourers. Never used Michelin, but for what I see, here it's only available Pilot Road 4 and 2, with the Pilot 4 about the same as the Bridgestone.
I have great memories with the Pirelli Phantom, but that was in eighties on a KZ1000 MK2 😂

·
Registered
112 Posts
A lot of big tourers found they were decent tires, but the mileage was greatly reduced because they don't appear to be designed for bigger bikes. They were on VFRs, Bandits, Versys', etc, all bikes that are a good 100 pounds lighter than the 11.

·
6,920 Posts
The make an E Spec version for heavier bikes. For example, the E Spec is OEM on the FJR1300.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I've been a fan of the Angels since their initial release. I easily got 10k miles on my ZX9 and ZX12. MY Gen 2 ZX10 absolutely shreds them in about 5k miles though so I went to the Rosso III and back to the Angel's for the feel. And at the time I had tried Q2's and Conti Motion (lol) on the ZX9. ZX12 always had Angel's fitted. Also Conti Road Attacks and Dunlop Road on my SV650S.

I believe you would want the GT model instead of the ST. I don't remember the exact differences but I vaguely remember it due to weight capacity and mileage. If I had ST's it would have been only the first time, all other sets were GT's. And I'm almost certainly sure the ST isn't available in the U.S. anymore and I'm even under the impression the ST was discontinued so if you do buy the ST be sure and check the date code on the tire. If the ST's have made a return I'd still go GT.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have them on my ZZR1200 and on my ZX14R. The ZZR's have about 8k on them and still have plenty tread although a flat spot is developing on the rear but not bad enough to hurt flickability. I run 44 psi front and rear which a lot of people do that have heavier bikes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ran the T30s, front wore out quick, Angel GT 2 so so but mileage was 4000 miles. Running Dunlop Roadsmart 3s, expect 6000 miles or more and its good. No complaints.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your opinions. I love the BT023 and the T31 should be even better, so I would go for it, but here in Argentina the prices for a T31 starts from 400 u$s, that's why I'm looking for more affordable but still valid options.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ive been running the michelins on my zx14r.. i got 10k miles on the road 4 GTs i even plugged the rear about 3000 miles in. Im trying the road 5s this year, so far im at 5k miles, but still looking good. They r rather coldblooded tho, altho that might just be that i finally got it tuned and the traction control stays off 😂😂

·
Registered
167 Posts
Running Roadsmart II's on my 96 ZX 11 and they work great and had a mfg date on them of 17th week 2020 installed them this past summer, bought a pair of Roadsmart III's for my H2 SX SE from Petes Superbikes in Quebec last Black Friday for $300 cnd shipped to BC w tax, excellent deal and they had a build date on them of 47th week 2020, Had PR 3's on my 14 and was not a huge fan, H2 SX SE came w S21 stock, a very good tire have got 6K out of them, may squeeze 7K then the RS III's for at least 10-12

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I finally purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 made on 2021 at a very good price. I know they are not the latest, but I've read very good reviews, and they haven't all the thin grooves that have the latest models that I don't like at all. For now I have stored them, the Bridgestones still have life left.
For those who are wondering why I've purchased tires to store and not to put inmediately, the next month we have elections here, and nobody knows what will happen with the prices, in particular on those things that are imported... 😩😩

1 - 14 of 14 Posts