Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It would be nice to have your pillion's views of the ride back there...ie comfort, viz etc. any mods required..

·
Registered
121 Posts
My wife raves about it, had a ZX14 before, she was never really comfy on it, she loved the comfort of the Blackbird, but said the GTR is the ultimate pillon bike. She sits much closer to me, feels more part of the ride.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My wife took her first ride today , every thing was fine apart from not being able to find the grab bars , she thinks they are back too far . Rear foot pegs are fine and the seat is comfy !

cheers Holma

·
Registered
62 Posts
In France, the bike tradition want we call the passager: "Sac de Sable" it means in english Sandbag. It is comming from the famous bike cartoon "Joe Bar Team".

So, my wife had allready compare the rearseat from our GTR to our previous bike: Kawasaki ZRX 1200 R.

And she prefere the ............ GTR.:runaway
Cool !

·
Registered
98 Posts
In France, the bike tradition want we call the passager: "Sac de Sable" it means in english Sandbag. It is comming from the famous bike cartoon "Joe Bar Team".

So, my wife had allready compare the rearseat from our GTR to our previous bike: Kawasaki ZRX 1200 R.

And she prefere the ............ GTR.:runaway
Cool !
Better not let her sit on a Gold Wing!!!!!!!!!!
You would be out of luck.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok! I can now report on my other halfs findings regarding the pillion position.
She is 5'0 and of slight build. Seat was quite comfortable and no complaints after 100mile stint in the saddle. Smooth ride..(but then she always says that, :rolleyes ) No real wind, turbulance and buffetting issues. Footpegs were the biggest issue. Too high, making legs bend too much and knees ache after only a short while. More remaniscent of a sportsbike than a tourer. Don't find the need to have rubber footpegs but I am definately going to sort some footpeg extensions similar to Jerry's but using the existing pegs. Other than that at one stage during the first trip she even though it was better than the K1200LT!!!!!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts