Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I can’t seem to get my pillion seat up. They key turns and feels like there is pressure on it but the seat stays latched. I’m guessing the cable has probably broken or come loose. Does anyone know of a way I could get the seat off so I can repair it?

Cheers

Shrapers

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hello all,

I can’t seem to get my pillion seat up. They key turns and feels like there is pressure on it but the seat stays latched. I’m guessing the cable has probably broken or come loose. Does anyone know of a way I could get the seat off so I can repair it?

Cheers

Shrapers
If you haven't already done so, try pressing down on the rear of the seat to relieve the pressure on the latch before turning the key. Sometimes when I overpack my trunk, or put the seat on crooked, I run into this same problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought the problem was at first but given that ago and still no joy. I'm hoping I can take off the under tray and access it from there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the problem solved its self. I was riding home from work (quite quickly) and I felt some thing hit me in the back. The pillion seat had unlatched and swung up on the front hooks :scared luckily I managed to grab it and hold it until I got home.

I found the cable had become disconnected from the locking mechanism and its sorted now. Pretty close call though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts