Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys... just got the pigspotter2 mirrors and the green integrated tail light, and wanted to share some pics with you.

Pigspotters were installed easily, and have LED turn signals on them, tapped into my factory signals... can never be too visible.

The lights in the mirrors can be wired up so they come on with running lights, or actually blink as a signal, or you can have them on a stand alone switch. I opted for stand alone so if I get pulled over for them, I'm able to shut them off.

This way I can also leave them on when parked... low draw on LED lights and they look pretty trick (IMHO).

As for the mirrors... you still really can't see much out of them, except for your buddy riding beside/behind you. You can mount them higher on the fairing for better visibilty, but that requires block off plates and drilling new holes. I opted for using the factory holes for mirrors.

The green integrated tail light really adds to the back end. I tied it in to my stock signals... again, you can never be too visible... and if you can't tell I'm turning... there are problems.

The 60 LEDS vs. the factory 9 are way nicer as well. I will probably take out my stock signals if I can find any rear (green) block off plates for it... haven't seen them yet.

Hope you like the pics...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was wondering how's the visibility with those installed instead of the factory ones.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought the Clear Alternatives integrated rear and was looking for plates to fill the holes for the rear signals. No luck on my end, but if you find some, please post so that I can buy them.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For Franco...

As for the mirrors... you still really can't see much out of them, except for your buddy riding beside/behind you. You can mount them higher on the fairing for better visibilty, but that requires block off plates and drilling new holes. I opted for using the factory holes for mirrors.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the Clear Alternatives integrated rear and was looking for plates to fill the holes for the rear signals. No luck on my end, but if you find some, please post so that I can buy them.
Will do... likewise if you find them, give a shout.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Awesome dude.... Looks amazing, plus you are more visible..Visibility is so important dude!.. A+++

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update...

Okay, I know I said that the visibility was poor.. and the pigspotter2 is supposed to be better than the original... but here is my word of warning:

If you have a 10R, and are getting these, and going to use the stock holes for your mirrors.... DON'T BOTHER!! You can't see much of anything in the mirrors, and they are pretty much now only for show.

I can only imagine that the visibility is better if you move the mirrors closer to you, up at the edge of the fairing. Two issues with this:

1) It's not as if that part of the fairing is very stable
2) you have to drill holes up there, and get block off plates. So if you ever want to remove them later... you have holes in the fairing.

I haven't decided what to do yet (re: leaving them or removing them)... aesthetically they look great, and turn heads at night when they are turned on. I like them.... really I do, but I don't know if I'm willing to sacrafice visibility of cars behind/around me, and fellow riders so they look good (mostly when parked).

Just my $.02 guys and gals... do with this info what you will.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Update...

I haven't decided what to do yet (re: leaving them or removing them)... aesthetically they look great, and turn heads at night when they are turned on. I like them.... really I do, but I don't know if I'm willing to sacrafice visibility of cars behind/around me, and fellow riders so they look good (mostly when parked).

Just my $.02 guys and gals... do with this info what you will.
I agree with you man. Only reason i keep my mirrors are for pack ridin. I rode a bike with the PS's and honestly the mirror quality alone wasn't even worth buying them. but thats also my two cents too. If you like the way it looks on your ride thats your ride. Dont worry about what others say anyways.

love
joey

·
Registered
366 Posts
You know... if you ride fast enough, you don't have to worry about what's behind you. Of course, the black ones are faster than the green ones, so... yeah, you should put the stock ones back on.

Hehe... j/k.

;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
???????

I dont know man, they look a little cheap when they are lit. I dont mean to be disrespectful but sometimes it's just better to leave thing as they are.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I realize that this is a personal thing... and not everyone will like them.

That being said... I managed to move my mirrors up another inch, and out 1/2 inch. This has given me much more visibility behind me. I still can't see everything directly behind me, but I did manage to gain more without chopping my fairings (still using stock holes).

As for the "cheap looking" comment when lit... again, that's your opinion, and everyone that has seen them that I ride with has said that they like them. Maybe the pictures just don't do them justice.

Tack, please don't take it as though I'm upset at your comment, I'm not....just saying that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I guess personal opinions are better left to myself. My boy has them on his R1 and I give him shit all the time.

Be Safe Tack04

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not at all. I value everyone's opinion.... if we all agreed all the time... it would be a very boring world... and all of our rides would look exactly the same... what fun would that be?

Don't ever hold back on your opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts