Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beans was 25 minutes late as usual so we missed the ferry we wanted... but soon enough we were under way...

We took it easy heading out there expecting poor conditions. They were actually much better then expected! If you are headed out there be careful, we ran into mud, rocks, sticks, dust, elk (more on that later), semis, angry inbreds and more.

The road itself was mostly in the same shape as last year so great overall, just a couple rough spots where the twisties start after Joyce.

I was feeling on top of the panic stops since I had so many opportunities to practice and a good thing since we came around a corner to several, large suprises.

Never seen this many elk out at Neah Bay (only saw 1 before...) so it was cool to see. Funny thing was... Daniel asked me if they were goats :roll:

Anyways, good times. On the way back the road dried out a bit more and we were able to pick up the pace quite a bit. Felt great to finally have some decent conditions to ride!

·
Registered
117 Posts
That is a nice ride. I know it well as I live in Port Angeles. But your right about the road conditions, it seems like it changes weekly. The worst part is they chip seal pot holes with gravel that I swear is the exact same color as the pavement and you can't tell your rolling into a pile of it until your right on it.

Actually they repaved several sections of it a couple years back, but the logging trucks have already beat it up again.

Remember this part? Downhill into a decreasing radius hairpin? It's actually pretty fun when you know its coming, pretty unnerving if you don't

·
Registered
34 Posts
sweet ride!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live here too!!!!

I love out on that road...anytime you are out here give ridgeracer and me a email and we may be there to...its way fun for 33 miles of everything.. this summer is going to rock. Ridgeracer has his new 636 and I have my ZX12r and it will be great fun this year.:rofl

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very nice pictures. Can't wait for the warm weather to break on this end. Had hopes for an early spring, but winter is still hanging on. Enjoy the rides.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics Beans... Makin' me jealous. Can't wait to ride the Olympic Loop later this Spring. Ride Safe. :rofl

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Thanks for sharing, nice pics, Just curious about how to post pics on this forum?
Help apreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's awesome, I have to ride about thity minutes in any direction to get roads like that. But hopefully this summer, I'll strap my bike into my truck and venture up to Pennsylvania where my parents have property. Nice curly empty roads in the backwoods. Hehe.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It seems alot of you guys live in the pacific northwest. I always wanted to roll out that way. Great pics too~

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It seems alot of you guys live in the pacific northwest. I always wanted to roll out that way. Great pics too~
Last summer, I rode out to where you are at in Minnesota. I'll probably ride through again this summer, we'll have to meet up for a ride when I come through.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Beans, that sounds good to me, I was born in Duluth,MN (150 miles north of twin cities)and if you guys wanted to roll north in the Lake Superior region it is super riding!I'll follow you back perhaps! We will see what happens~

1 - 17 of 17 Posts