Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Awesome! I had been looking for a bike just like that to commute to work and tour on. They sure don't make 'em like that anymore! I was in college starving and still lusting after that bike...Never got one. I think it and the CBR1000F of that year were the perfect street bikes...

D

·
0 Posts
Not Bad at All for 17 year old. Mine is 20 and she doesn't look nearly that good! Love the Chrome! I wish mine were in better shape so that I could put some more mod's into it and feel it was more worthwhile. But she was a little beat-up when I got er' Anyway Looks Fandiddlytastic!
Drew~

·
Registered
79 Posts
When a ride is in as nice of condition as yours is, age does not really matter. These are still one of my all time favorite bikes fast and comfortable.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have a 1990 zx10 and i love the look of yours.
i need to post up pics of the old girl.:mfclap

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought a ZX11C1 as my first bike. I loved it. Upgraded to an 06 ZX10R last year though. In some ways, I misst the 11 because it was so comfy, and so easy to ride. Not as fast or flickable, but plenty for me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
And now I know what I should aspire to have, a goal if you will :rofl
Sweet bike
It's been two in half weeks now since I bought my baby.

I Just coated the tank with pro-15 and have to wait 96 hours for the tank to cure, mean time back at the bat cave,
I have my carbs completely torn down right next to the 4 separate re-build kits.
Ordered 4 fuel screens for my local shop, 5 more day's and I almost bought $400 ICON jacket.
it's been raining so I can't even buff the chrome :banghead

To make matters worse I'm spending crazy cash on this thing and I only rode her twice.

Bike 90 ZX11-c 6K miles $2500.00
HGC carbon fiber helmets x 2 $580.00 E-bay
3 color tinted shields for helmets $100.00 E-bay
Repair book $25.00 E-bay
Tank Repair kit $45.00 E-bay
Spare Left rear Quarter Mint $25.00 E-bay
Sweet Icon gloves $25.00 E-bay
Hvy Duty all season bike cover $65.00 E-bay
Carb Rebuild kit $65.00 E-bay
Carb Tune Vac set New $125.00 From the UK
Misc parts $100.00 Local
Smoking Hot Icon Jacket $234.00 E-bay baby :mfclap
The guy had 8 left all colors BTW.

Oh god why did I just itemize the list in my head :angry
That's $4098 the guy wanted $3200, gave him $2500 difference of $700. minus that from the $4098 that's $898.00
Ok that's a number I can live with, seeing how I didn't have one thing for a bike and the shop wanted $350.00
JUST to clean not re-build my carbs and they couldn't guarantee that would fix her hard starting and stalling at the red lights.

No matter when I fire her up she'll be running like a top, I hope.:eek:hno
Frankie Zee...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the same bike as you, not in the same minty condition though.
Hey it's only been 3 weeks.
What do you use to keep the chrome clean ?
Where and how much did your Ninja covers for the brake reservoirs cost ?
Where and how much did the black outs on the front turn singles cost ?
Frankie Zee...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts