Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pics of blue PM wheels? I searched and came up with only a few pics but nothing very high quality.
I have a set that i want to get powder coated or painted and want to match the original
Color as close as possible to the 89-92 Muzzy ZX7Rs.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
F2blwn408- Check out my Photobucket 93 ZX950 Build. After a 4 year search, I finally found a BRAND NEW, never mounted PM Chicane Rear rim in a polished aluminum finish. Some guy in northern MN had this in a closet for the past 15 years. He sold his 94 ZX7 years ago and forgot about this gem. I removed the Hubs/Bearings and had it anodized in a beautiful Blue to replicate the Muzzy Superbikes from 89-93. Russell last ran those rims at the 93 Daytona 200. My bike plastic need to visit the painter soon, I know! This is my work in progress. I also have a 2005/2007 ZX10R's, so my 93 takes the back seat most of the time. When I do take it out, I always get nods of approval and they don't know what I have lurking under the gas tank:)
(http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums...950%20Build/?action=view&current=DSCF0004.jpg)

· Registered
130 Posts
Nice wheel, man...where are you located? I'll be restoring a '93 ZX-7R M1 sometime this year when I finish a few Duc projects. If you are looking for a paint shop you should check us out. We do all the paintwork for the new EBR bikes and custom bikes across the country. It's all we do here.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Thanks-I'm a couple miles from Holy Hill, 30 min. N of Milwaukee.
If you have a website, send me a link.

· Registered
130 Posts
Slinger area? I used to live there. Shop is in Waukesha off of 164. New website is being worked on but if you're on Facebook look me up, Jason LeCavalier. Or you can find me under Artistimo Custom Design as well, there are different pics on each. I have to develop the biz page more when I have time.

· Registered
130 Posts
Hmm...you're '92 bike that's almost gone...were you selling those parts on Craigslist last year? I might have bought a Muzzy exhaust, some tires and maybe a few other things from you. Green chain? I had a friend stop by for me.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Town of Erin-My parents live on BC Lake! Yes that was me on CL. If you need anymore parts, I'm down to the frame/subframe and a small box of leftovers. I'll check out your FB.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
BTW- I found a PM front rim from an 88-90 Gixxer. A friend on the Kawiforum set me up with a buddy that milled a set of Hubs for it. PM discontinued these parts years ago! I'm in the process of fitting the rim, sending the rim off to be straightened, then Anodizing it "Blue." I found a cool shop in Brown Deer that gave me a phenomenal deal on Anodizing my rear PM this past summer.

· Registered
130 Posts
Cool...I came close to picking up a set of those rims for my '93 project but they sold right when I had the money for them. Shit happens...I've kind of gone a little apeshit looking for race memorabilia now anyway so...lol

· Registered
1,790 Posts
I've been hoarding parts for years. They're getting harder to come by as these bikes are 19 years old! I've run many newer FI bikes, but I love the 93-95 ZX7's.

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been hoarding parts for years. They're getting harder to come by as these bikes are 19 years old! I've run many newer FI bikes, but I love the 93-95 ZX7's.
I hear ya about parts being hard to come by.
My Wife asked me why I been buying so much parts lately. I told het that MOST of the stuff I want for the older bikes are discontinued, so when I can find them I need to snatch them up before someone else does.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
I just keep mine in the dark, too hard to explain about rims, FCR's, & motor work!

· Registered
10 Posts
BTW- I found a PM front rim from an 88-90 Gixxer. A friend on the Kawiforum set me up with a buddy that milled a set of Hubs for it. PM discontinued these parts years ago! I'm in the process of fitting the rim, sending the rim off to be straightened, then Anodizing it "Blue." I found a cool shop in Brown Deer that gave me a phenomenal deal on Anodizing my rear PM this past summer.
I need to anodize a rear PM in Muzzy blue. Does anyone have a close color match for the anodizing process?

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Did you check out my Photobucket(PICs 1-3) in an earlier post in this thread?
I thought it was a perfect match.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.