Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
Buddy drove his CBR1100XX an 02 to 205km before he sold it, the bike ran like new, sold my 97 XX w 108KM ran like new, just maintain, these are large motors. I laff at people thinking 30KM is high

My 96 ZX11 is 34KM and I sold my 08 14 w 86KM, buyer had no concern over mileage at all
Mine has 70,000 miles on her. NO reason why these engines wont go to 100k ez squeezie
I'm fully aware that they're more than capable of making it that high, my general observation is that most people by far don't do it.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Just FYI Cisco, the ZX11 will out pull the XX Blackbird in 6th gear from 50 mph gear all the way to redline. Its been documented. Pulls even harder with a Factory Pro Jet kit.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I'm fully aware that they're more than capable of making it that high, my general observation is that most people by far don't do it.
Yeah, they either "grow out of it", die in a crash, or marry the 1st woman who fucks them, and have a tassle of crumb crunchers, hang up their keys, and never ride again... A "TRUE" Biker, never grows out of it, or hangs up their keys due to a nagging spouse.... they ride till they physically cant ride any more

NONE of those are me, except the last one, and Im 65 :)

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
Concurrently, I know many riders who have racked up hundreds of thousands of miles, just not on one bike. The put on 10-20K, and then buy a different one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
And the Blackbird has 85 cc more...
My comment is solely based on having owned both bikes now. The XX for the every day rider is the better bike imho, smoother for sure. I never claimed anything about speed, essentially they are very similar but the ZX is a bit more outdated but a little more roomy I feel, so this may benefit me can not wait to get the LSL bar kit installed and braided lines but have to wait until collector plate is issued first. If I could have found one for the same price as the ZX I bought I would have bought one again, but I did not and am happy to have settled on the ZX as well:} Kawi has always brought motor, that we know and we love, the 14 I had was something else:)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Well, lets compare LIKE for LIKE, shall we? The ZX11 is 1993 Tech, rarely updated/changed over its 9 year run, which it DOMINATED as the Worlds Fastest Production Motorcycle. ... Then along comes the Blackbird XX.... Nice to have a template already made for you to copy and then make tweaks to beat it....

So, not to be outdone, Kawasaki introduces the ZZR1200

The ZZR, on the other hand, was just a fun bike. It's a big machine that can be used for just about any sort of task. I like to think of it as a BMW 5-series but on two wheels. That is, I'd think of it that way if you could ignore the buzzing. What wasn't fun, however, was its dyno graph. If you look at it, the Honda makes more power above 7,000 rpm. But during our own straightline testing, the Kawi was superior. I'm thinking the ram air system on the Kawi might be the cause of that. Regardless, I had the most fun on the ZZR through hill, dale and all points in between.
Honda CBR1100XX vs. Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

Glad you came back to Kawy though, Hondas have always been to "appliancey" for my tastes... :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts