Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride an '07 zx6r and am in the market for a rear tire. I want a street tire with racing tire performance. I have my eye on either Perelli Diablo Corso III's or Metzeler M-3's. Does anyone have any experience with the two? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Keep in mind that Im not Donald Trump and need a decently priced tire.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I ride an '07 zx6r and am in the market for a rear tire. I want a street tire with racing tire performance. I have my eye on either Perelli Diablo Corso III's or Metzeler M-3's. Does anyone have any experience with the two? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Keep in mind that Im not Donald Trump and need a decently priced tire.
I myself would prefer the Metzelers over the Perelli, both of them are farily cheap in price and both are good on the street. I currently have a Metzeler on the front of my bike, I rides well and the wear on the tire is ok. It has good hard compound in the center of the tire witch will give you good road time. But in all honesty I would say to use a Michelin Pilot Powers, This is what I run most of the time, but these can get expensive. I say go with the Metzelers M-3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run SuperCorsa's on my racebike in Superstock & they work great but are effectively slicks on the edges; I use Corsa III's on my Ducati roadbike (& on the racebike when it rains on race day) & they are exceptionally good.

I won't be changing any time soon.

I have been told that the Michy ultimately has a little more grip but the Pirelli is far more controlled/civilised when it does let go. I've had the racebike in a 2 wheel slide when the tyres were a little cold & it wasn't a prob in the slightest.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If your looking for mileage w/still some stick you can't go wrong with either the Perelli or Metzelers. My vote would be for the Perelli. However, I am a die hard Michelin fan, the pilots are great! Last year due to a super sale I tried a set of Continental Sport Attacks and in all honesty they weren't a bad tire. Got bigtime miles out of them. Heres the link... http://www.conti-online.com/generat...es/sport/sportattack/contisportattack_en.html

·
Registered
532 Posts
In my younger days I only rode on the Metzelers, ME1 comp.K. Being out of riding for over 12 years, I must also first get into it all again, but I am busy with a comprehensive study on all tyres and I must say, the Metzeler M3 so far looks to be my next tyre on the ZX6R!! The Supercorsa III is my second choice.

With all happening at Michelin (remember the US Formula 1, and now the recall on the fronts, I don't trust it anymore. My opinion only!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dunlop Qualifier is what iv been running . im happy ,i ride hwy 36 in cali almost evry day ,and they hold awsome. there also probably the cheapest tire. $150 for a 180/55 at my local shop.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just switched from metzlers to pirellis and I am glad i did. All the guys i ride with either ride pilot powers or pirelli's but thats just my group. We have all had bad experiances with metzlers and the crashing......

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just switched from metzlers to pirellis and I am glad i did. All the guys i ride with either ride pilot powers or pirelli's but thats just my group. We have all had bad experiances with metzlers and the crashing......
What Metzelers did you have on???

·
Registered
67 Posts
I personally had sportec's i think. I didnt buy them so i dont really know. The kid say they were new when i picked the bike up I just think they sucked. I never felt confident on them. .... here is a pic of what used to be there

Sean

·
Registered
649 Posts
If the bike sat for a season or two the tires may have hardened. Mine was like that when I got it over the winter. I changed out the old crappy dunlop 207's for the Pirellis and the difference was night and day. :mfclap

·
Registered
532 Posts
Those look like the Sportec M1, the M3 is much more of a Road/Trackday tyre with complete new carcass, compound and tread design. Check it out on their website and the reviews it received.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I will look into it however i do not think i will need tires for quite some time and honestly the next set i want are dragon supercorsas....

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well, I have to admit, everything I said about Michelin, I have to take back!!!!! We just fitted the Pilot Powers to my sons ZX10R and did our first track day yesterday on a very slippery Zwartkops Raceway near Pretoria, and I was amazed with the grip of these tyres!!! It also improved the handling of the 10 dramatically.!!!

I think I am going to fit the Corsa III's on the 6 whe they are due, and then we will be able to do a proper comparison.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts