Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post here but been reading for a long time so thanks to all for the wealth of info.

My baby is a 2009 with a PCV. Current mods include: Level One Racing exhaust (so no pre-exhaust), cats fully removed from header, secondary flies gone, high flow air filter (K&N race spec). I ride at sea level.

Anyone with a map for the PCV that you don't mind sharing? I am going to eventually get a tune done but wanted to check out the difference between someones custom tune and the map I have which I ownloaded from power commander website.

If easier feel free to email it to me. [email protected]

·
Registered
888 Posts
Use the preset tune from power commander, don't use some else's custom tune.

You can have the same bike with the same exact mods but will have different maps if they live in different environment, altitude/humidity/weather can affect bike output being read by the tuner.
If you ended up downloading someone's map let's say from high altitude Colorado and ran it on sea level track. Your bike will run like crap

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know. First post above I mentioned sea level...got to lean it out for altitude :)

Just wanted to test the different bike statements and see real results from a pull with current download from power commander for this setup, another bike and tuners with same setup and then my tuned results. Need the other map first then to the synonymous and tuner.

Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Yeah I know. First post above I mentioned sea level...got to lean it out for altitude :)

Just wanted to test the different bike statements and see real results from a pull with current download from power commander for this setup, another bike and tuners with same setup and then my tuned results. Need the other map first then to the synonymous and tuner.

Thanks for the input though.
Yea, you just want something for free that cost someone else their hard earned money. You prob. didn't mean it that way, but that's the way you come off. Maybe after you've been here awhile someone will share.

Make this same request after you have had a custom tune done. Offer to swap maps. You will prob get some results then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, you just want something for free that cost someone else their hard earned money. You prob. didn't mean it that way, but that's the way you come off. Maybe after you've been here awhile someone will share.

Make this same request after you have had a custom tune done. Offer to swap maps. You will prob get some results then.
Well that would have defeated the entire pupose of me going to do multiple dino runs. One with dynojet map supposedly for the bike, one custom tune map from someone, then do my tune and plot all 3 to compare.

I kind of understand your feelings about my post to a point but must let you know the part about me "wanting something for free.....that somone spent thier hard earned money on" has no merit when describing me.
First - i work my ass off, and have since i was a teen, so the hard earned money statement....i agree with.

2nd - I have no problem with the purchase of the tune i got, only $300....that is like 1/3 of one days salary for me. I was going to pay for extra pulls so i could map a bunch of runs on same bike, same temp, etc then compare once all together.

3rd, I sometimes forget that not eveyone is into sharing.

Thanks for the imput though.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Well that would have defeated the entire pupose of me going to do multiple dino runs. One with dynojet map supposedly for the bike, one custom tune map from someone, then do my tune and plot all 3 to compare.

I kind of understand your feelings about my post to a point but must let you know the part about me "wanting something for free.....that somone spent thier hard earned money on" has no merit when describing me.
First - i work my ass off, and have since i was a teen, so the hard earned money statement....i agree with.

2nd - I have no problem with the purchase of the tune i got, only $300....that is like 1/3 of one days salary for me. I was going to pay for extra pulls so i could map a bunch of runs on same bike, same temp, etc then compare once all together.

3rd, I sometimes forget that not eveyone is into sharing.

Thanks for the imput though.
People who brag about their income are usually broke. Do you even have a job or are you still living with your mommy and daddy?
Since you are so wealthy, why didn't you offer to pay someone a hundred bucks for a copy of their map? Hmm? That would only be one hour's pay for you. Since you have just had a custom tune done, why don't you offer to email your map to anyone that wants it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
People who brag about their income are usually broke. Do you even have a job or are you still living with your mommy and daddy?
Since you are so wealthy, why didn't you offer to pay someone a hundred bucks for a copy of their map? Hmm? That would only be one hour's pay for you. Since you have just had a custom tune done, why don't you offer to email your map to anyone that wants it?
Well of course if someone wants it i would share. If it makes someone happy and does not even affect me in the end since it is something you can copy and share, it is an obvious yes from me.

No I am not rich, and have not lived with my parents since i was just out of high school and college days. I re-read my post and noticed something not true i must correct. I dont make 1/3 that amount...dont know where that came from. Yes it is less than one days pay....but just no quite 1/3.i

No I am not broke, always made my own....never depended on someone elsidr, and was not bragging. You "tried" to call me out and i just had get on the defense to put the facts out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts