Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what tuner would be best for my application?

I have a 2009 14 with a Tsukigi Cannon full exhaust and just picked up a K&N for it. No other mods are planned for power wise but I think I would benefit from a tuner. I have a line on a pc5 for very reasonable but Idk about the hardwiring of it. It is the race version. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean about hardwiring? Our unit for this model plugs directly into the stock harness using OEM style connectors.
Does the race version have the plug and play connectors?

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I really don't know about bazzaz but dynojet has really good customer service . I've installed a few of there jet kits and tuners all seemed to be very good . I'm not too sure about there free maps but the tuner itself is great and its easy to install . The only thing I know about bazzaz is I asked a few questions of there rep who chimes in on the forum every once in a while and got no response:angry.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Ive got the Bazzaz on my current zx6r and had a pc5 on my previous zx6r. The Bazzaz unit for my bike utilizes the upper and lower fuel rails as opposed to the pc5 using only the lower. It's a little more time consuming to install the Bazzaz but for the simple fact alone of using upper and lowers I think it's worth it. It offers a more fine tuning fuel control than the pc5.

So id say based on experience go with the Bazzaz, more bang for your buck.

·
18,914 Posts
Ive got the Bazzaz on my current zx6r and had a pc5 on my previous zx6r. The Bazzaz unit for my bike utilizes the upper and lower fuel rails as opposed to the pc5 using only the lower. It's a little more time consuming to install the Bazzaz but for the simple fact alone of using upper and lowers I think it's worth it. It offers a more fine tuning fuel control than the pc5.

So id say based on experience go with the Bazzaz, more bang for your buck.
The 14 only has one fuel rail.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the super fast and knowledgable replies. I will be going with the pc5. :D

·
18,914 Posts
Oh okay I wasnt aware of that. Learn something new every day.
Lol , don't worry I'm not ball bustin just pointing out a fact . I'm actually kind of curios about bazzaz but I don't know any one who has one for me to check out . I only know what I have experience with . Maybe I'll try one out next time so I can give a full report :rolleyes.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Just FYI, any bike that has 8 injectors we offer the Secondary Fuel Module (SFM). This will control the upper injectors if needed. The reason we offer it separate is that there is NOT any performance benefit of controlling all 8 unless you can not achieve the desired AFR by just controlling the lower 4. We have not seen this be the case unless you are running nitrous or turbo application.

And as far as others having more fine tuning control than the Powercommander.... not even close.

We can control uppers and lowers INDEPENDENTLY
Separate maps for each gear
Separate maps for each cylinder
250rpm map resolution
Adjust map based on any 0-5v input (boost, temp, etc)
Adjust Ignition (with additional Ignition Module)

·
18,914 Posts
Just FYI, any bike that has 8 injectors we offer the Secondary Fuel Module (SFM). This will control the upper injectors if needed. The reason we offer it separate is that there is NOT any performance benefit of controlling all 8 unless you can not achieve the desired AFR by just controlling the lower 4. We have not seen this be the case unless you are running nitrous or turbo application.

And as far as others having more fine tuning control than the Powercommander.... not even close.

We can control uppers and lowers INDEPENDENTLY
Separate maps for each gear
Separate maps for each cylinder
250rpm map resolution
Adjust map based on any 0-5v input (boost, temp, etc)
Adjust Ignition (with additional Ignition Module)
Excellent idea , nico's turbo 600 build thread :mfclap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so does anyone have a tune for an 09 14 with Tsukigi cannon exhaust and a K&N? The only one I see on the dynojet website is for Tsukigi Full Exhaust Stock or Aftermarket Air Filter Secondary Butterflies Removed. Im not removing the secondaries.

·
18,914 Posts
so does anyone have a tune for an 09 14 with Tsukigi cannon exhaust and a K&N? The only one I see on the dynojet website is for Tsukigi Full Exhaust Stock or Aftermarket Air Filter Secondary Butterflies Removed. Im not removing the secondaries.
Get a jeffo map or a custom tune those would be your best bet . Dj maps are ok but kind of more of a courtesy .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
who is this jeffo person and how do I go about getting ahold of him? Im in Sioux Falls, SD so not a ton of support for tuners on these bikes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts