Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who purchased both the Power Commander III and Akra full exhaust....Did you buy them as a package deal and install both at the same time? Does it really matter? I'm considering buying the PC III and installing with my stock set up for now, then purchasing my full system in about a month or so. It's not completely a money thing. I just want to tweek the fuel injection a bit with the PC III then adjust it to the Akra system later after installation. What do Y'all think?
Also.......Anyone install the LCD display as well?
Thx

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got mine all installed at the sametime. My dyno was done with the power commander dyno machine. The fuel to air ratio was right on the money. And i got around 168 rear hp

·
Registered
462 Posts
You CAN buy the PCIII and tweak your mixture, and yes it would make it a little bit more rideable, but you going to destroy the map when you get your Akra system anyways. You can save the old map but unless you plan to use your system a short time and sell it theres really not too much of a benefit. Why not just buy them together if it's not a money thing? I don't understand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to power comander web-site and there's a pile of maps you can down load and try them out. if you find one that you like you can tweek it yourself. a laptop is almost a must.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You CAN buy the PCIII and tweak your mixture, and yes it would make it a little bit more rideable, but you going to destroy the map when you get your Akra system anyways. You can save the old map but unless you plan to use your system a short time and sell it theres really not too much of a benefit. Why not just buy them together if it's not a money thing? I don't understand.

I'll try to make you understand. The bike runs awesome. But what I'd like to do is just bring up the fuel curve optimization. I do all the work on my own bikes and am just not ready to tear it apart to get at the whole exhaust system when it's running as good as it is. I have only 2800 miles on it.
What I don't understand is is the use of phrases like "destroying the map". Sounds abit excessive. Can't I just switch up maps as I feel? Is it really that big of a deal? And what is your definition of using a system "a short time". Thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts