Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the passenger seat from any of the zx-7's from 91-95 will fit on the 96-03 model ?

I keep looking at the rear seat on my black one and no matter what I do it just doesnt quite line up in the rear like my other bike. ( Theres a half inch gap between the seat and the tail.)

So I was wondering if the older 7's were close and maybe a previous owner swapped in an incorrect seat .

Paul

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
No they wont interchange I told you that LOL.. The 95 earlier are closer to my seat on my H1. Now if you need a seat let me call Mark and see if he has one.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
he doesnt need a seat, hes wondering why his fits like shit.

And its either because the seat has been recovered and slightly modified with less foam (or wrapped too tight), or its an aftermarket tail section.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yes I know he doesnt need a seat. I've seen the bike personally and it has been recovered. Only way to fix it is to take off the covering, refoam it, and heat the plastic till it flattens out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Christy this one is on sally's bike. Its stock. Not recovered. Mine is the good one.
I was looking at a guys 7 tonight its a 95 I believe. And the seat looks damn similar. So I was curious.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Christy this one is on sally's bike. Its stock. Not recovered. Mine is the good one.
I was looking at a guys 7 tonight its a 95 I believe. And the seat looks damn similar. So I was curious.
My 95 has a slight gap also. I never really noticed it until you posted this.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Well maybe the stock seats just suck? I don't know...Sally's seat has the stock vinyl? Looked like the cheap crap I put on my bike.. Oh well. Anyway I'll see if Mark has a seat while I'm picking up your 636 tail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts