Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed out their passenger pegs? Something with some rubber/cushioning maybe. I'm sure there are some that will fit but I'm not sure what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm in need of the same thing. Hopefully someone has already figured this out. Why couldn't they have just put some nice rubber ones on there. :rolleyes

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, they should have done something with 'em. But if my only complaints are a taller shield and some different pass. pegs then I'll be OK with that.

Somebody must know what will work???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's OK with the position, just wants something a little wider with some cushion to it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
She's OK with the position, just wants something a little wider with some cushion to it.
cb: I'm guessing his photobucket link wasn't working when you tried to view it. I just looked and was able to see the pics. He used some pegs from a Shadow 750, or something like that, so they are wider and with rubber on them. The mod really looks great. JamminJere really did an incredible job with it. :clap

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They do look pretty good. I'm just looking for someone to say something like the pegs off a st1300 will work... so I'll have some options. I'm sure they'll come out with some for ours but it might be a while. I guess I'll pull off the stockers and take some measurements, then compare it to others to see what I can find.

·
Registered
261 Posts
cb11,

I was right where you are now on the 8th of July. The problem is not finding a peg that will fit the hole, thats easy enough.

The Kawasaki pegs "pinch" against the back of the mount for rigidity.. Alot of pegs are made to "pinch" or hold the peg in the bottom of the mount. I could have made something work but the other problem was, once I had a bigger, thicker peg in the stock location, my wife's boot heel on the peg it forced her foot back towards the saddlebag even more.. she could mount and dismount easier with the bigger peg.. but wouldn't tolerate her foot and calf pressed back against the bag.

Thats why we made the 1.75 in extender.. with the Givi E52 mounted .. she has a good comfortable pillion space sitting back her hands resting on the bags, her legs in a more relaxed position.. she says she can use her leg muscles better for braking, her knees not bent as hard...

Hey if thats all it took to keep her happy after me hyping this bike for the last year... only to get it.. fall in love with it.. and on the way home have her scream in my ear... I hate these pegs and seating position.. You gotta do something about it.. or I'm not going to New England.. I liked the old bike better..wah wah wah wah wah.....:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant sigh.:banghead

Sometimes necessity is the mother of invention..

Anyway... thats how I stopped the whinin... and went to New England happily..

Hope this helps you,

Jerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rear pegs

I spotted this little thing before i even picked my bike up.
The dealer changed the rear pegs I think from another Kawasaki model.They are not identical to the front ones but are close enough.
Frank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone changed out their passenger pegs? Something with some rubber/cushioning maybe. I'm sure there are some that will fit but I'm not sure what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard from The Netherlands mounted the passenger pegs from his FJR to the GTR.
His wife is very satisfied about this.
I assume BikeJohnny can supply the pegs.
http://www.bikejohnny.com/

·
Registered
21 Posts
The pegs from the Ninja 250 will work. You'll have to use the whole assembly. They're not padded but are about an inch longer and half inch wider. Also I believe that the GTRs rider pegs will work with a little modification. You'll need to sleeve the peg so that it will fit the smaller passenger peg pin. The spring will rest on the top of the mount. I'm looking for something suitable right now to sleeve the peg with and will report back when I finish it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts