Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I made some new riding buddies. Most of them ride cruisers, but one guy is selling his TL1000S and picking up a stretched and lowered ZX10R from a buddy of his.

Once I get to the BMV I'll have my full endorsement. Now to get the bike back together again :rolleyes

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Congrats man :thumbup
Ride safe and respect the bike

·
Registered
495 Posts
Congrats!

cheers

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Lots more cruiser OWNERS out there. Doesn't necessarily mean there are lots of cruiser riders. The Harleys especially don't get ridden much. Ever notice how many Harleys there are for sale in cycle trader? Passing the MSF course prob saved your life. Most of us crash, but we manage to avoid many of the potential situations we run into because of training and plenty of seat time.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Lots more cruiser OWNERS out there. Doesn't necessarily mean there are lots of cruiser riders. The Harleys especially don't get ridden much. Ever notice how many Harleys there are for sale in cycle trader? Passing the MSF course prob saved your life. Most of us crash, but we manage to avoid many of the potential situations we run into because of training and plenty of seat time.
+1 and luck is good too:evil

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
congrats bro, same thing i did a few years ago. be safe

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Congratulations! :runaway

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, I already had over 1500 miles of riding since I started back in October, on both the Ninja 250 I had and now my ZX6R, but I most certainly picked up several skills in the MSF course.

I'm planning on taking the Experienced Rider Course either this season or next, and then the Advance Rider Course when I have a few thousand more miles under my belt. I'd also like to take a track school eventually to become more confident in my riding skills at higher speeds.

I lost a friend on a motorcycle, though he wasn't a close friend, it still messed me up. Didn't sway me from buying one, but did make me really want to make sure I get as much training and experience as I can. I don't want my name on any remember me shirts any time soon

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Good deal :thumbup

Just do exactly what you are doing, take your time and know your bike! I started out the same way - MSF course, 250 for a couple years, and now a zx6 for the last 2 years. I get better every time I go out and ride. Of course the dragon is in my back yard so that is a plus :evil

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only had my 250 for a couple months but I'm a big gu and needed soomething that fit me better so I sold it for a zx6r that needed love

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Congrats

1 - 13 of 13 Posts