1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,693 Posts
Dam. That bike is halfway to being a completed project

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dam. That bike is halfway to being a completed project
Yes, it could easily be put back on the road with a few hundred dollars in parts and very little labor. Not sure if anyone would pay for it though. It has a salvage title so it would need to be inspected and issued a rebuilt title once its been repaired. I'd sell the whole bike for $1300 how ot sits if someone wants it.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Yes, it could easily be put back on the road with a few hundred dollars in parts and very little labor. Not sure if anyone would pay for it though. It has a salvage title so it would need to be inspected and issued a rebuilt title once its been repaired. I'd sell the whole bike for $1300 how ot sits if someone wants it.
How long has it had the salvage title? My 95 eldorado that I bought a couple years ago has one. If you didn't pay attention to the State of Florida rebuilt sticker in the door jam, you'd never know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long has it had the salvage title? My 95 eldorado that I bought a couple years ago has one. If you didn't pay attention to the State of Florida rebuilt sticker in the door jam, you'd never know.
It's a recent wreck. I bought it at auction from the insurance company.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
It's a recent wreck. I bought it at auction from the insurance company.
I'm just now noticing that one of the front discs was removed for aesthetics. I wonder if that had anything to do with the wreck.

I'd love to own another 11. But cannot take on any more projects. $1300 is a dam good price.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Looks like a low side wreck. Right rearset is snapped off. Plus there's road rash on the right side

·
Registered
652 Posts
Dam that was a nice bike, Looks like it was 1/4 mile bike, all those guys take 1 rotor off the front. I guess to save some weight. Just looking at them drives me nuts because it looks aesthetically NOT pleasing
Someone put a bunch of money into it. Dam I wish I could get that from you. I had a 98 11 for 17 years. I loved that bike, Stock it fit me like a glove, It was super comfortable and could do 600 mile days no problem

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Dam that was a nice bike, Looks like it was 1/4 mile bike, all those guys take 1 rotor off the front. I guess to save some weight. Just looking at them drives me nuts because it looks aesthetically NOT pleasing
Someone put a bunch of money into it. Dam I wish I could get that from you. I had a 98 11 for 17 years. I loved that bike, Stock it fit me like a glove, It was super comfortable and could do 600 mile days no problem
I owned a 92 C model that was also a former drag bike. I regret selling it. It had PM Wheels and a Corbin seat. Most comfortable sport touring bike I ever owned

·
Registered
652 Posts
I owned a 92 C model that was also a former drag bike. I regret selling it. It had PM Wheels and a Corbin seat. Most comfortable sport touring bike I ever owned
Every single person that owned one has nothing but good things to say about their 11. They were an awesome bike. I also regret selling mine. however, Teenage bikes are worse than actual teenagers, and the evermore increasing mess with it time to keep it all working perfect for these 3 k miles rides I would go on was taking more and more effort.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Every single person that owned one has nothing but good things to say about their 11. They were an awesome bike. I also regret selling mine. however, Teenage bikes are worse than actual teenagers, and the evermore increasing mess with it time to keep it all working perfect for these 3 k miles rides I would go on was taking more and more effort.
If I ever come across it for sale, that's going to be the most expensive and impulsive purchase that I would make. If it's sitting in salvage yard somewhere, I'll let it be. I am eyeing the Ninja H2 sx se as a possible replacement in roughly 10 years. I need to go ride one to make sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts