Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We were trying to get this bike to run but have had an ongoing no-spark issue....found another bike, though, for too cheap to ignore. We're focusing on that one, this one gets the axe.

Clear, clean texas title: $450 shipped
Forks, no apparent leaks: $200 shipped
Motor, not sure of mileage: $650 shipped
Wiring harness: $75 shipped
CDI: $75 shipped
Front wheel: $100 shipped
Rear wheel: $100 shipped
Front calipers: $65 shipped
Front brake M/C: $25 shipped
Clutch M/C: $25 shipped
Rear sets: $100 shipped
Clip-ons: $65 shipped
Coils: $50 shipped
Triples: $50 shipped
Clocks (one broken tab): $50 shipped

There's more, just ask. We don't have any of the front fairings but the rest is fairly complete. Feel free to make requests and offers. Everything goes on eBay next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having this no spark issue? can you enlighten me on your problem and what you were trying to fix? sorry for the thread jack

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the late responses! I was not subscribed to this thread for some reason.

Bauer...we never really pinned the problem down but we thing it was the pickup/trigger.

Track3r...yes the bikes are compatible.

Correction: The exhaust is a Muzzy setup, but may be spoken for.

Front calipers are sold.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I am to believe the wera boys the bikes are different but all the parts are compatible until you get inside the engines. I think the wheels and axles are different but if you were to swap the whole lot over it wouldn't matter

·
Registered
104 Posts
makenzie, could you inbox me a pic of the rearsets (if they are after-market) or are they stock? i could use a new set, in decent condition hopefully. thx.
z

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll get them in the morning. Need anything else? I have people going to DFW pretty frequently so if there's anything large you're looking for it would a easy thing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i've actually got most of a zx9r project left, and just got a new zx7r project. i'm just trying to piece one complete bike together, franken-bike lol. thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If I am to believe the wera boys the bikes are different but all the parts are compatible until you get inside the engines. I think the wheels and axles are different but if you were to swap the whole lot over it wouldn't matter
The 95 750 is a different bike than the 96-03 P model zx7's, I'm not saying nothing is interchangeable, but not everything is interchangeable as you say.

Read the post by zxgreen7r, he is very knowledgable of zx7's
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-7...ack-bike-parts-compatibility-please.html[/url

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think we're talking about it differently. You can't put P forks in L triples. You can't replace one of your L throttles with a P throttle. Etc. When it comes to that only the wheels are a direct fit from what I've read.

But the engine castings are the same (mounts in the same place). Same swingarm pivot bolt. Same steering head bearings. Etc. If you have a complete bike of either model, you could move EVERYTHING from that frame to the opposite. Which is what I'm assuming the poster was considering doing.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
There is not a lot of matching up between the two generations. The cases are different and I'm pretty sure the engine dimensions are different as well. The frame is different dimensions also (steering head size, frame spars...). As for the wheels, they are different as well since the P model came with a 190 tire and a wider rim. I am pretty certain that the only carry over part on the bike was the front axle.
I think if you want to install the P model motor into a L model frame, you will need to do some fabrication to get it to fit right. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some people say that. Some people say they match.

Anyone got a '95 block laying around with a tape measure? I'd love to get some basic numbers off both and see for sure. I'll go and measure around mine later today.

Oh and no I don't think the later rear wheel will fit the earlier swingarm, but was told that the swingarms will swap meaning that if you want to run the '95 rear end (everything from the pivot back) in the later frame, you could. No mix-n-match, but you could run the whole lot from either.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
I know for a fact that the P model motor is wider than the L. Not sure of the exact measurements but they are not easily swapped.
:headscratch

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was told that the cases are wider but the mounts are compatible. If someone has an earlier model laying around to put a tape measure to we can sort it once and for all rather easily.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Others say they are. No one seems to have an earlier model case laying around to get some basic measurements from.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I know a shop that said they tried to put a 1995 motor into a 1996 frame. Wouldn't fit they said. The earlier motor is a bit narrower and a bit taller. Carbs won't interchange I know for a fact. Headers will fit if you muscle them in I have heard. The earlier motor had a smaller bore with a longer stroke. Later motor had a bigger bore, shorter stroke.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm looking for the upper side fairing mounts if they are not bent and the upper fairing brace as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts