Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this mod on a bike not to long ago and I stated looking at my baby.
What do you think ?
Also keep in mind that I'm adding blue LED's to the radiator 1 White to the RAM AIR, Red's to the side mid fairings and blue or white to the bottom fairings.
So I'm leaning towards the chrome.

Stock and butt ugly

Red with possible red LED's behind the mesh.

Blue with possible blue LED's instead of red

Chrome with either color LED behind.

The mesh is cheap enough, E-bay some even come in colors.
Was also thinking about a single purple LED drilled in to the back side
of my headlight as well, I have this on my PIAA fogs on my path finder and it looks badass.
Frankie Zee...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Probably the last one would do it for me...be careful, that C is one of the nicer ones I have seen...you wouldn't want to ruin the classic look. :clap

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
agreed, The chrome is tasteful.
It's going to look sick with the LED's
I'll take lots of photo's
And thanks for the complement, I have people ask if it's a new or
newer model all the time, I love the look on their faces
when I tell them it's a 90'
Frankie Zee...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Nice bike!.....Was until all that cheap glue-on shit was stuck all over it. Chrome is for posers! It will look cute lit up going to Dairy Queen and Sonic on bike night. If it dont make it look or perform better give it dumpster duty! Seriously, nice bike without the shit. What about the "paint shop"....It looks like oem paint?

·
Registered
308 Posts
the bike looks good man, i like the red and/or the chrome. the red stands out the most, the chrome looks the cleanest.
don't worry about the haters post, its all about what YOU want to do anyway.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided not to put the mesh on the bike.
I did the mock ups with photo shop, yeah computer geeks own bikes too.
Paint Job is going down this winter while i get some tranny work done.
I bought the LED's never put them on.
Frank Z.

Nice bike!.....Was until all that cheap glue-on shit was stuck all over it. Chrome is for posers! It will look cute lit up going to Dairy Queen and Sonic on bike night. If it dont make it look or perform better give it dumpster duty! Seriously, nice bike without the shit. What about the "paint shop"....It looks like oem paint?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awesome!..I am glad you changed your mind..It does look good, I like those c models. Dont see them everyday, nice. I had to give you shit on the autozone chrome door edge gaurd on the fenders though!...ROTFLMAO!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My baby changed my life.

Thanks Crash, I forgot I was still linked to this thread.
I only come here when I have a problem, I know it's wrong, I should add to the tech section when ever I can, you know play it forward.
looking at the photos above I can't believe how old they are, July of this year has been the 1 year that I have owned this bike.
I have done many things to her like got rid of the chrome trim from discount auto, yeah pretty cheesy I know.
I put a Corbin seat on $300.00 very comfy I feel locked in.
V & H 4 into 1 loud and proud $400.00
Billet levers $180.00
Blue billet end caps $25.00
Blue pegs around $75.00 for 2 sets I forget.
Hella HID driving lights $500.00 be seen or be dead !!!
Custom made the brackets myself.
Bracket for my garmin GPS, never get lost again, good for top speeds.
Highway blaster horns $35.00 be heard or be dead !!!
Put vinyl film on the head light first yellow then blue $35.00
Reflective rim tape blue $35.00 just because it looks cool.
Tire paint blue & yellow again, just for the WOW !!! factor.
I'll post some photo's now.
Frankie Z.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love the lights, I do a lot of cross state night driving on the highways.
I have one light set up as a high beam and the second one as a low beam.
I can control them both at anytime.
When a cager looks at their side view mirror they see what must look like a UFO coming up fast and they think twice about cutting me off.
I saw the difference right away, street and highway.
Not to mention how much of the roads are now lit up.
I can light up stop signs on a sunny day.
Remember I live in New York and there's always some jerk off blowing a stop sign or a soccer mom talking on the phone with her little cute dog in her arm.
I use to live in a dirt water town in south Florida where the roads were open and no traffic, now it's doubled park cars, people opening their car doors with out looking first, big difference.

As far as the tire paint goes,,, well I guess it's some bling.
the blue match's the color scheme and the yellow just looks good.
I guess to each it's own.
Frank Z.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Don't let anybody give you any shit about the lights man. You can never have enough. I ride in moose country and the county I live in VT has one of the highest concentrations of whitetailed deer in the state. I like the GPS mount but I can't live without a tank bag...

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
LOL cool lights , I like the GPS mount too ...

I see you used the yellow paint marker in the tire grooves , I guess there really isnt a way to do it real clean ?

·
Administrator
58,679 Posts
Don't let anybody give you any shit about the lights man. You can never have enough. I ride in moose country and the county I live in VT has one of the highest concentrations of whitetailed deer in the state. I like the GPS mount but I can't live without a tank bag...
Didn't mean to give shit about the safety aspect but even Mickey Mouse would cry after seeing those on that nice bike.
Defensive driving is always your best bet vs blinding the cager around you.

·
Registered
878 Posts
LOL cool lights , I like the GPS mount too ...

I see you used the yellow paint marker in the tire grooves , I guess there really isnt a way to do it real clean ?
:crackup:crackup:crackup I knew he would be here in this thread soon. Dont do it frankie! No more stickers! The driving lights look real good down on the fork legs.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Frankie-I'm of two minds about the lights- Part of me says kudos on the resourcefulness in solving a problem with great :headscratch results. Part of me says Oh my gawd!

I've got to tell you I like alot of the other stuff. I remember seeing your post on the mesh and thinking that was a cool idea, and the reflective tape on the wheels is both cool and useful. Where did you get that?

Props on all of the stuff, :clap I may steal your GPS mount, I was working up something to go in the hex hole of the steering head but haven't been happy with it. Really, we do these things to make our selves happy while riding the machines we invested so much time in (was gonna say 'love' and am now prepared for a bashing), what others think isn't really important.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Piaa Lights Location

I love the lights, I do a lot of cross state night driving on the highways.
I have one light set up as a high beam and the second one as a low beam.
I can control them both at anytime.
When a cager looks at their side view mirror they see what must look like a UFO coming up fast and they think twice about cutting me off.
I saw the difference right away, street and highway.
Not to mention how much of the roads are now lit up.
I can light up stop signs on a sunny day.
Remember I live in New York and there's always some jerk off blowing a stop sign or a soccer mom talking on the phone with her little cute dog in her arm.
I use to live in a dirt water town in south Florida where the roads were open and no traffic, now it's doubled park cars, people opening their car doors with out looking first, big difference.

As far as the tire paint goes,,, well I guess it's some bling.
the blue match's the color scheme and the yellow just looks good.
I guess to each it's own.
Frank Z.
I alos installed PIAA lights; but I mounted them in the slight arch at the bottom of the fairing above the front wheel. Looks way better than the CHiPS location you put yours.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts