Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
registered member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOLA..

My bike is naked these days, all plastics are off and i want to get it painted, i wanted flat/matte black, but i saw a show on speed channel with the kat with the handlebar stache, some kids out west somewhere had a slew of nice cars all painted in a matte finish, but in all different colors, red, blue, black white etc..

what i wanted to know was what type of paint is used to get this finish with of course a good amount of clear on it to protect finish, summer is fast approaching and i need to get her back together...

GRACIAS!!!:banghead

·
Registered
604 Posts
Well i'm no paint expert but the way would get the matte to come out instead of a shiny clear is by getting special paint with clear in it......this was the paint and clear go one at the same time and you don't have to clear or polish it.......but you need to wax the crap out of it a lot to protect the paint.......i think!!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
VOZ,

your answer may be as close as your nearest Kawi dealer. I stopped by the Kawi shop in Carlisle two weeks ago and they had an '06 636 in a matte finish. The shop owner proceded to tell me Kawi already sells several different colors of this matte paint but it's $!$!$!$!$! :(

·
registered member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O thought kawi would not sell paint to the masses, thats why everyone went to color rite..., but i did not even think about matching a factory matte finish, like the duc monster, or kawi 636,,,,hmmm lets go searching!!

GRACIAS!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Color Rite though, example is the 05 ZX-10R, provides what I think is called "Stoic Black" which is Kawi's flat black paint version of what they do the frame and swingarm. Perhaps that would work, no?

·
registered member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok..ok..ok...

BEANS UDAMAN!!

Kawasaki 85 Flat Stoic Black #3825
Eggshell Urethane Clearcoat #p-fkt600...

How much paint will it take to do my platics?..

As most of you know im po'

107.95 for paint and 69.99 for clear... a pint of each!!

·
registered member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i gotz some paint, from a friend that works at a body shop..

1 Quart Diamonte Flat Black = 68.60

1 Quart Diamonte Eggshell Clear = 68.60

The young lady is going to throw in a Quart of hardner!!!

Cant beat that deal!!

total will be 137.20

·
Registered
199 Posts
VOZ said:
i gotz some paint, from a friend that works at a body shop..

1 Quart Diamonte Flat Black = 68.60

1 Quart Diamonte Eggshell Clear = 68.60

The young lady is going to throw in a Quart of hardner!!!

Cant beat that deal!!

total will be 137.20
Sorry for the late relpy, I was going to suggest just going to an automotive paint supply house and telling them what you wanted. They can provide dam near any color you can dream up.

Dont forget the reducer :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts