Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the novelty of owning and riding a motorcycle ever wear off? Was there ever a time when you thought of your bike as "whoooohoooo I have a bike!" and now you just feel like "oh yeah, that's mine"?

I would hope the majority of the answers would be no, but you never know - so i ask if the novelty of riding and owning a bike has ever worn off? Have you always thought they were awesome? Or did you ever think they were never a novelty?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I thought about that once...questioned if i really needed a bike. But every time i crack the throtle or drag a knee i think again...Yeah, yeah i do need one:evil

·
Registered
498 Posts
Motorcyle is in my blood. It will never separate from me. I'm 34 and having gone through 5 types of bikes ranging from 100cc up to 1400cc all of them kawasaki speaks for themselves... I can't imagine going to my workplace 220km to and fro without riding my beloved two wheeler the ZX-14. The feeling of being free and gliding thru the air effortlessly is undescribable.... It's not the same by car..... of course you'll be shielded from the sun, having aircond and good streoes etc, still... feeling like being caged and not free.

Bottom line is bike is my lifeline... always have and always will be... and owing the most powerful production bike in the world proves it....

·
Registered
649 Posts
I can't see myself NOT owning a bike. There are times that I don't feel up to riding but I still love my motorcycle!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I can't see myself NOT owning a bike. There are times that I don't feel up to riding but I still love my motorcycle!!!!!!!!
thats how i feel too:smile

·
Registered
379 Posts
I stopped riding for about 5 or 6 years and i wished every day that i had another bike.

I will never be without a bike again. It is a life style and a life. You have to love every minute of it and wish for every minute which i do :crazyloco

·
Registered
532 Posts
Agree with WhoKilledKenny!!!! Also stopped for almost 12 years and the itch just grew bigger eevery day. Got back on the beginning of this year, and enjoy it now even more due to the much improved technology, handling and speed!!!!!!

Will not be without a bike again until I physically cannot climb on one anymore!!!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
As an addend: I've been a dirt rider for most of my life. Road bikes came after retirement. Discovered trackdays. Got conned into going in a road race in Street class (basically run what you brung) with my poor 636 in the over 600 section. Qualified last (planned), came last, 19th overall out of 27 a mainly due to the other 8 keeping the rubber side up. I'll be back again in August. I guess I'm still keen or crackers.

gammac

·
Registered
604 Posts
The last bike i sold was in January of this month it was 5.5 months after i got my 10R, but it drove me insane not riding!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
been riding sportbikes since I was 18yrs old...10 years later still rollin... it kills me if I don't ride the bike in 1 or more months...my wife says I'll never grow up...hehe addiction...

·
Registered
188 Posts
very few days pass when i dont ride, but an audi sports last year, used it 20 times top, bikes rock cars suck

·
Registered
117 Posts
I rode dirt bikes and four wheelers doing my teenage years. I bought my first zx-9r at 19 and love every moment. I just recently gotten a bike after a 5 1/2 absent. I love bikes and it killed me every year to see the guys riding. It just in my blood to ride.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know that even before I had my first bike, I needed it, felt it, wanted it. I have raced cars for many years, and once I got board with cars, I finaly jumped to bikes.

There is nothing like it.

Few things are equal:

1) Sex

2) Skydiving

Novelty? to many maybe, it is a style thing, maybe to be cool.

To some, the ones that are there all year round, the guy sitting at the light in the pouring rain, and he is still lovin' it.

Thats me.

It is a disease, ...I caught it long before I ever owned a bike.

I will die with it, long after I am "physically uncapable" to ride, hope fully in the old-old age. (If there comes a point where I am too old to ride, well then it is officialy time to go).

·
Registered
683 Posts
I love riding but I think it wears off just a little. When I first started riding you couldn't get me off that bike. I can't tell you how many times I froze my nuts off, sweated my ass off, or got caught in nasty storms. Things are a little different now. No more riding while regular people are wearing their winter coats! No more riding under intense sun and 101 degrees F. Definitely no riding when there is a reasonable chance of rain. This was discussed a few weeks ago. People were saying how the rain doesn't bother them. Not me. I avoid riding in the rain at all costs. I think it totally sucks.
T

1 - 20 of 31 Posts