Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there- just bought an 88 ninja 750r and I am looking for manuals for it- I already ordered the service manual but I cannot seem to find the owners manual anywhere ( even kawasaki does not have it available).

Does anyone have a copy of it they can send me?
Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to read it before I start asking a bunch of questions.. what octane gas, what weight oil, tire pressure, etc etc.

For instance- where is the petcock on my bike? I want to remove the tank but want to make sure I do not end up covered in gas..

I have a suzuki cruiser but this is my first older/sports bike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great- thanks! I hope it has some wiring schematics as well- there is a "vintage" alarm system that is spliced into most of the harness- I will start ripping it out next week

·
Registered
451 Posts
great- thanks! I hope it has some wiring schematics as well- there is a "vintage" alarm system that is spliced into most of the harness- I will start ripping it out next week
I had fun with my harness last week. There are plenty of wiring schematics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the service manual :)

now I am a bit confused.... in the manual it shows the oil filter being under the bike next to the oil drain.. is this correct? from all the posts about how you need to remove cowlings and drop the exhaust I figured it was in the front like on my Suzuki.

Also- the service manual doe snot make mention of a petcock- where is is? what is the procedure for removing the gas tank- is it just the 2 rear bolts holding it on?

One more thing- what fuel filter ( size/brand) should I get for the bike?

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! yes- it helps a lot!! so why does fram list the 6017a as the oil filter for this bike? it obviously uses an open element style of filter... arghh- guess I need to order a new oil filter and return the ones I purchased.

·
Registered
10 Posts
fuel pepcock

I have exactly the same bike and it does not have a typical fuel pepock. Its its vacum activated off the engine. If you remove the left knee panel you can see where both the fuel line comes off and a second hose that is the vacum line. If it is working correctly you will just need to remove the 2 hoses and the tank will hold the fuel in. Once you have the tank off you'll see the diaphram button that you can press to drain the fuel. Owners manuals are out of print from Kawasaki but I have seen the odd one on ebay. The service manual should answer most questions though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the link from 185ez is the correct manual owners manual- I was able to buy the service manual but there is a lot of stuff in the owners manual that is not covered in the service manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts