Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with a ZX-12 overheating and then not starting? Also, what temp should should the temperature guage read at normal operation?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah mine used to do the same thing....never had trouble starting though. ANyway, if you haven't done so yet, you might want to try and flushing your system and then I put in engine ice. I know its expensive but i think it was worth every penny. My fan used to kick on all the time now i think it only kicked on twice last summer. give it a try.

·
registered member
523 Posts
What I use..

1 quart of anti freeze
1 whole bottle of water wetter
and the rest distilled water

i also have a manual fan switch. when i get in traffic i just flip the switch and turn fans on b4 it gets a chance to run hot...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Theres two wires one the copper sensor on the radiator left side top. take a two pronged toggle switch, You splice in the two wires(not at radiator follow them under the plastic) and not cut in two splice in on side of toggle switch to one wire and the other side to the other wire...

Flip switch fan should run... All normal fan operations remain unchanged still run itself as needed..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts