Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
$12,000.00 plut TTL here in Louisiana. (Silver/non ABS model) This dealer has the best prices around. I have purchased 3 machines from them and am not sure if this price was just for me or what he will sell any for.

·
Registered
98 Posts
$12,000.00 plut TTL here in Louisiana. (Silver/non ABS model) This dealer has the best prices around. I have purchased 3 machines from them and am not sure if this price was just for me or what he will sell any for.
Hi Aviator,

Hate to top your deal but my dealer, due to the wait, dropped my price to $12,299 on an ABS model. Should arrive in a week to 10 days.

·
Registered
128 Posts
$12299 ??

here we have to pay around 15000€ ...

wholy *beep*

they are gifts in the US ....

marc

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you guys think GTR 1400 is expensive, try to buy it in Portugal. It costs $23400. It's very expensive. However, the EURO is in high values, around $1,36. But in Portugal, its cost just about the same Honda STX 1300 and a lot more than Yamaha FJR's. The most incredible think is that our minimum wage is about 400€/month ($544). YOU SHOULD CONSIDER GTR1400 PRICE AS GIFT IN USA. Regards.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's just sad, MSRP here in MB is Cad$ 16,700 non ABS. With the US$/Cad$ not very different now somebody's making a lot of extra money me thinks!!
Just my opinion!!!
ICBM

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you guys think GTR 1400 is expensive, try to buy it in Portugal. It costs $23400. It's very expensive. However, the EURO is in high values, around $1,36. But in Portugal, its cost just about the same Honda STX 1300 and a lot more than Yamaha FJR's. The most incredible think is that our minimum wage is about 400€/month ($544). YOU SHOULD CONSIDER GTR1400 PRICE AS GIFT IN USA. Regards.
Yup, mine was gift:crazyloco

·
Registered
151 Posts
Price in EU

$12299 ??   here we have to pay around 15000€ ...   wholy *beep*   they are gifts in the US .... 
Why is the price of the 1400GTR so expensive in Luxembourg?

Are high customs duties imposed on the imported motorcycle?

I think that the price in the U.S. is not cheap but the price in Luxembourg is very expensive because I’m in Japan. :smile

Cf. “Price in Japan” (#65), “Kawasaki GTR1400 and Cocours14” (p.4)

·
Registered
368 Posts
ABS model: $16,588.00 out the door, TTL included. Washington State Tax is 9.2%

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, 23400 seems to be little bit overpriced :)

Definitely it's the highest price I did find, and I hope it's incl. all taxes (like VAT), ist't it ? Let's compare street prices published (in EUR):
France: 15 799,-
Austria: 19 200,-
Germany: 15 750,-
England (ok, UK): 16 376,-
South Africa: 13 885,-
Czech Republic (w/ABS): 16 393,-
Netherlands: 18 000,-
Luxembourg (w/ABS): 14 200,-

I don't know if prices cover ABS or non-ABS versions and only in the Czech Republic I'm sure this price includes VAT (no more taxes are there).

Let's compare such prices with roughly 9 400,- EUR in the USA.

There are several solutions for you:
a) as Portugal is a member of EU, you can buy her everywhere there without loosing warranty. Buy her in France and you'll get 7 600,- EUR, not bad. Remember - you will not pay VAT in France (will be deducted) but in Portugal.
b) Buy her in the USA with your "profit" of 14 000,- EU, you'll pay VAT and custom clearance (I have no glue about it in Portugal, in the Czech republic Custom clearance is 6% and VAT 19%, so I would buy it for some 11 900,- plus delivery fee (say 2 000,- if you are not in hurry) and for such price you can buy two, so what warranty :) Of course, there is speedometer in their strange miles, but who cares about speedometer.
c) If you don't like speedometer and other things in miles, buy her in Canada - would anybody of you guys indicate Canadian price ?

As you see from my profile, I have Harley Davidson Street Rod exept other bikes - HD parts in Europe cost twice or exceptionally three times in EUR then the same parts in USD in USA. And because HD parts itself are not cheap, the difference is incredible. But living now in internet age it's more than easy for me to buy every part in the USA and even with delivery fee etc. and all taxes it's much cheaper then in Europe (anywhere).

And it's valid for bikes, cars, jeans, shoes, for whatever. The only disadvantage is waiting time say two weeks.

I have not GTR1400 yet, not because of price, but because Kawa started to sell her now (I guess today) and I had to buy something else to be able travel with my wife, so I bought used FJR1300. Nevertheless next year I plan to purchase Concours and I think if I'll find group of European guys I would be posible to buy some ten bikes somewhere not in Europe and save delivery costs etc.

Btw. if you complain of minimum wage, here in the Czech Republic it is about 214 EUR, so what.

Jefff

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah, 23400 seems to be little bit overpriced :)

Definitely it's the highest price I did find, and I hope it's incl. all taxes (like VAT), ist't it ? Let's compare street prices published (in EUR):
France: 15 799,-
Austria: 19 200,-
Denmark: 15 750,-
England (ok, UK): 16 376,-
South Africa: 13 885,-
Czech Republic: 16 393,-

Trere are non-ABS versions probably and only in the Czech Republic I'm sure this price includes VAT (no more taxes are there).

Let's compare such prices with roughly 9 400,- EUR in the USA.

There are several solutions for you:
a) as Portugal is a member of EU, you can buy her everywhere there without loosing warranty. Buy her in France and you'll get 7 600,- EUR, not bad. Remember - you will not pay VAT in France (will be deducted) but in Portugal.
b) Buy her in the USA with your "profit" of 14 000,- EU, you'll pay VAT and custom clearance (I have no glue about it in Portugal, in the Czech republic Custom clearance is 6% and VAT 19%, so I would buy it for some 11 900,- plus delivery fee (say 2 000,- if you are not in hurry) and for such price you can buy two, so what warranty :) Of course, there is speedometer in their strange miles, but who cares about speedometer.
c) If you don't like speedometer and other things in miles, buy her in Canada - would anybody of you guys indicate Canadian price ?

As you see from my profile, I have Harley Davidson Street Rod exept other bikes - HD parts in Europe cost twice or exceptionally three times in EUR then the same parts in USD in USA. And because HD parts itself are not cheap, the difference is incredible. But living now in internet age it's more than easy for me to buy every part in the USA and even with delivery fee etc. and all taxes it's much cheaper then in Europe (anywhere).

And it's valid for bikes, cars, jeans, shoes, for whatever. The only disadvantage is waiting time say two weeks.

I have not GTR1400 yet, not because of price, but because Kawa started to sell her now (I guess today) and I had to buy something else to be able travel with my wife, so I bought used FJR1300. Nevertheless next year I plan to purchase Concours and I think if I'll find group of European guys I would be posible to buy some ten bikes somewhere not in Europe and save delivery costs etc.

Btw. if you complain of minimum wage, here in the Czech Republic it is about 214 EUR, so what.

Jefff
Dunno where you got the Danish price from, but an FJR1300 costs overthere 37,350 EURO(!), so the GTR won't be far off... :headscratch
You can add a price of 18,000 EURO for the GTR in The Netherlands to your list :banghead

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry jeroen12, I am old guy, with glasses, don't see so much, it's not Denmark but Germany (I did notices and wrote DE on paper but read DK). Sorry for that, my fault, it's corrected already. Nonetheless, 37.350,- EUR for FJR it sounds unbeliaveble. It's because of tax, isn't it ?

Thanks, I added dutch price to my list.

Jefff

1 - 20 of 35 Posts