Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered the parts for my 636 today. I ordered the stealth sprockets for the front and rear and a DID x-ring chain. total was just under 220 for all of it shipped. i raced a gsxr6 last night and when i finished my chain sounded a lot worse than it had before. that was the sign that i cant wait anymore lol. hopefully the parts will be here by saturday and i can have them put on monday before i leave for washington d.c.

stealth sproket for those that dont know what it is.

i ordered the parts from drivesystemsusa.com. i will let you guys know how the order goes when i get the parts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just thought i would give an update on the order incase anyone cares. i ordered these parts on wednesday afternoon. parts came in today during the day. prices were pretty good, shipping was free, service was great.

i ordered the parts from www.drivesystemsusa.com

does anyone know of a way to lift the rear of the bike without a stand? i am going to attempt to install the parts tomorrow. im sure i will figure something out if nobody else knows of anything to do other than buy a stand.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want to get one. i have just been spending way to much money latley. i think the stands cost around 100-120 dollars. i will get one eventually. i can only buy so much at a time though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Host the bike up by tying a rope to the subframe. Throw the rope over a basketball pole and tie the other end to your mom's car. Using your mom's car is the important part, you don't want to wreck your own. Or buy a stand.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I picked up a rear stand for 90 bux at a local shop. It comes in handy for cleaning and lubing the chain, tire swapping, oil changes and any bike work where you would like the bike to be straight up and very stable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think im going to try to thread some bolts in the holes on the swingarm and see if my lift at work will come close enough together to catch the bolts and pick it up just a little bit.

if i can get it up is there anything i need to know or remember when taking the tire off and replacing the chain and sprocket?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the lift at my work was perfect for lifting the bike in the rear. i have no clue what i will do for the front but i will figure something out when the time comes. the new parts look great and the bike feels a good amount faster. i will get some pictures up as soon as i get a chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts