Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Opinions wanted on Pazzo Levers *updated w/pics*

As the thread title says. I am thinking about upgrading to a set of Pazzo levers (shorties) and was wondering if anyone who has already installed a set or was thinking about doing the same had any opinions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i think theyre great i just installed gold with black adjuster shorties 2day b4 work took like 45 min. just gotta get used there not being so much lever there but they look nice as hell i'll try to post some pics in the morning after work

·
Registered
114 Posts
II love them. With short fingers the adjustability is excellent. As well they reduced/eliminated most of the buzzing my stock levers did, and they just look fantastic..

I recommend MotoMummy.com as a good source to buy them. Great price, super quick shipping & I got some cool stickers.

·
Registered
649 Posts
That hardly looks like a shorty. Anyone got pix and praise for the Pazzo shorty levers?????

·
Registered
51 Posts
heres a couple of pics i just got off of work so im tired but they should do i love them so far only had them on 1 day so far and they look so much better than the stock levers

·
Registered
41 Posts
sweet

i deffinitly reccamend the passo shorties, they look awsome and their out ofthe way so 0ne or two fingering them is made a whole lot easier

and dm2gunzup where did you get that gold chrome windscreen? ive been trying to find one with no luck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics. Seems like a no-brainer. Just for the adjustability alone Pazzo is the way to go. I'm just picking away at a few of the "cheaper" mods first and saving the bigger ticket items for the winter. I am really leaning towards the shorties. The break side shouldn't be an issue the clutch side might be though :headscratch

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing, short brake, regular clutch. Although getting used to clutching with the short lever might have it's advantages.

Opinions??????
Experiences???????

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have the shorties and its easier for me to slip clutch with pointer and middle finger.the rest of the lever dont hit hand on grip!!! hope that helps kind of hard to explian but they help me

·
Registered
234 Posts
The ones mbonadio posted are not the shorties, he has the standard length ones (as do I). Mine are black levers with silver adjusters (the red anodizing does not even come close to matching the red fairings, but it does match the red anodized parts on the silver bikes).

The shorties are about as long as the indentation on the standard length ones (the little cut out about an inch in from the end in his picture). The indent in the standard length ones is so that little piece can break off if you go down and still leave you with almost a full length lever to work with.

I think they are GREAT!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. I ordered a set last Monday. Shorties, black w/silver adjusters. I will post some pics when they arrive and I have them installed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
nice

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks guys. I ordered a set last Monday. Shorties, black w/silver adjusters. I will post some pics when they arrive and I have them installed.
Hey - let us know how you like the shorties once you've got 'em on and got used to them. Just wondering the same thing - how they'll feel compared to reg. length :headscratch Want to get some too at some point.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Levers came in today. Install was a piece of cake. Made a huge difference in the riding and overall look of the bike.
You can see there is quite a difference between stock and Pazzo

Installed on the bike.

If you are looking to spend a couple bucks I highly recommend these levers. They are functional and add a little :bling

·
Registered
330 Posts
Very Nice:thumbup

So; no issue with getting used to the shorty clutch?? I am assuming you went shorty on both sides (only brake shown in your pics). You had some concern on that at first - right?

·
Registered
317 Posts
has anyone ever heard of people stealing other bike's levers? cus i am planning on getting red levers to match my bike but taht is just really flashy and i don't want them to get stolen.

·
Registered
330 Posts
has anyone ever heard of people stealing other bike's levers? cus i am planning on getting red levers to match my bike but taht is just really flashy and i don't want them to get stolen.
Never heard of that happening. I don't believe they're a "one size fits all" item anyway so it would have to be another ZX-6R owner possibly with your model year & all. More likely your whole bike would get lifted before your levers only - is my guess:headscratch

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very Nice:thumbup

So; no issue with getting used to the shorty clutch?? I am assuming you went shorty on both sides (only brake shown in your pics). You had some concern on that at first - right?
Yes, both clutch and brake are shortie style. I was concerned about the shortie style with the clutch (the brake side didn't matter cause I normally brake w/2 fingers anyways). Depending on your hand size, I can shift w/2 or three fingers (3 is my preference) you still get real good clutch control while maintaining a steady grip on the bars (for you clutch-wheelie fellows). It only took a few shifts to get use to them. Now I wouldn't go back to the old style...i like them that much.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anything is possible these days :rant. People are going do what they want, I wouldn't let that stop me from enjoying moddin' my bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts