Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a very interesting slide moment this morning when an 80 year old woman decided to cut across two lanes of traffic at an almost 90 deg angle because she wanted to turn. She didnt even look in the mirrors and turned and here is little me on my 10 going about 60KPH and having to slide the back out and turn and hit her drivers door. Lucky i have been riding for some time and have some decent bike skills.

If not, i would have been a roof ornament on her bloody car and she would have become a front wheel cover.

I confronted her and the first thing she says to me is "Where did you come from"

I didnt know if i should laugh or kill her but decided to just shout and join in with the lady behind her in telling her that she could have killed me.

Life flashing before my eyes is a good way of saying it was close.

Anyway, old people (no offence to the aged of course) should have to do a license test every year to see if they can still drive or ride because i am finding that any person over 65 now does not give a shit about anything or anyone and i think its because they cant see or hear us out there.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I really hate when people cut you off or trail close and what's makes it worse:dudes are reading the morning news while driving or some gals throwing loads of make-up @ their furry little mugs.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talking about make up, i saw a lady stick her eye liner pencil into her eye when she went into the back of a car. It looked so bloody painfull but all i could do was laugh like hell because i was giving my gilr a lecture about doing her kit in the car the day before.

·
Registered
444 Posts
some gals throwing loads of make-up @ their furry little mugs.

:rotflmao

sorry to hear abouty that whokilledkenny. Hope the damage isn't too extensive on your 10 and you are ok.
And I totally agree with the elderly being tested. I've been complaining about it for years now. :rant

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ZXerJay

Lucky the bike is cool but for some little scuff marks on my rubber but my leg just hurts hehehe and my pride.

Man, in your country they could do something like that but here in South Africa i have more chance of falling pregnant (i am a guy) of that happening. our country could not get laid in a whore house if they tried

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's a big problem for sure (older people that shouldn't be driving) and we are certainly in mortal danger on a bike. Must be really bad in Florida or parts of Arizona where there's high density retired people :scared

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anyway, old people (no offence to the aged of course) should have to do a license test every year to see if they can still drive or ride because i am finding that any person over 65 now does not give a shit about anything or anyone and i think its because they cant see or hear us out there.
I totally agree.....been saying that for years. Make them take a complete physical every year, just like truckers, without it, their license is yanked. I know that sounds harsh, because eventually we will all be there, but lets face it, as one gets older, things start to wear out, hearing, sight, heart, not to mention reation times. sad but true.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Unfortunately its not just the oldies. The delivery van that pulled out in front of me in Brisbane was looking at me and under 40; and the one who zipped up the left hand side as I pulled up at the lights ; to run the red was in his twenties.

gammac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts