Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Old Bike (1st one)

Wrecked Bike (You like that 30 day tag?)

New Bike (current one)

Whats ur preference? Old and leavin it alone, or New and Mod the hell outta it? Currently mines painted white, stretched, and lowered.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the old one for sure. i really like the white and red combo but i just cant stand lowered and streched bikes. just my opinion.

·
Registered
191 Posts
is that the orange or red??? cuz it sure looks like the orange in the pic, and how'd you drop it?? I like the modded!

·
Registered
37 Posts
New and mod it tastefully. Stretched and lowered bikes look like complete trash in my opinion. However, my opinion doesn't mean sh!t to you or your bike. As long as you do what you like to it and you think it's cool then go for it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike was Red, just looks that way in the pic. Only had 332 miles on it when i got hit in the left rear. Thx for the comments.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
how did u wreck it? what happened? and i like the old one more

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've never cared for stretched bikes, but yours looks sick! How did you do the stretch? Kit or homemade? How did you lower the front? Sorry, just curious because that is the stance I want and I haven't found any kits to stretch a 600.

·
Registered
81 Posts
exoticycle.com makes 07 zx6r stretch and lowering kit.. there located sarasota florida.. has name is johnny turbo.. hitem up.. he sold me a kit..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why does it have to be sunday? I'm going to give them a call monday or tuesday to get that kit thats on your bike. Did you do the work yourself?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Unless you're drag racing...

Seems a lot like putting a spoiler on a front wheel drive ca... oh never mind.

I fail to understand why someone would want to buy a supersport bike. Something designed to go hella fast around corners - especially the ZX6R which was designed to feel as much as possible like a 250 MotoGP bike (read: bikes with some of the highest possible corner speed) then start modding it in such a fashion as to dangerously alter what it's good at.

Lets ruin the handling, and then cut away the cornering clearance. Brilliant.

If you're going to do something like that buy a ZX-14 which is meant to be a drag bike. Long wheelbase, huge motor, lots of low end torque. I've seen stock 14's pull high 9 second passes. Lower it and then extend the swing arm and you're into the low 9's. And once you start getting into serious mods (nitrous etc) I've seen high 8's. But that's straight lines and that's what it's good at.

You're never going to get anything like that with a 6... so why would you wreck what it's good at?

I just don't understand.

·
Registered
101 Posts
stretched out 6r = pointless IMO. the front tire doesnt even come up unless u clutch the hell out of it. but they do look good, but i think thats about all they got going for them.

i enjoy running the twisties to the best of my ability

·
Registered
191 Posts
Totally agree w/ sev. But thats just my opinion. He prolly just like the look of a lowered- extended 07 6r better then the look of a lowered-extended zx-14. Looks nice, i'd just prefer something else for my tastes. But if you like it, do ya thing doc!

·
Registered
37 Posts
To each his own I suppose. I bought my 07 ZX6R without the intentions of riding twisties or drag racing but I like the look of a stretched and lowered bike so I stretched and lowered it and now I'd like to think I'm even cooler than I was :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Probably because he wanted a zx6r and not a 14, or a cruiser. Wow, wasn't that simple to figure out...

To each his own I suppose. I bought my 07 ZX6R without the intentions of riding twisties or drag racing but I like the look of a stretched and lowered bike so I stretched and lowered it and now I'd like to think I'm even cooler than I was :)
And that's why he "did that" to his 600cc sport bike...

True that. People can tell me my bikes paint job looks stupid and I can believe them and think of other colors to paint it, or I can be like "Doesn't look any stupider than yo face!" knock the douche out, and love how kick ass my bike is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts