Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I am about to get a '05 zx-6r 636 ninja with about 3000 miles on it. It has had the oil changed once at the dealership. When I take delivery of it I am wanting to put fresh oil in it and wanted to know what's the best oil.

I really like Royal Purple oil, I use it in my LS1 Trans Am and I really like it. Top quality stuff. Have any of you used or heard of people using Royal Purple in their Ninja's? What seems to be the best out there. Here's what I found on the Royal Purple website, MaxCycle.....http://www.synerlec.com/prodsa/mcycle.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
I run Mobile 1 MX4T full syn in both of my bikes. I used a straight petro based briefly- just long enought to get it drained out. AmsOil is also a pretty decent lube. Remember- Your engine oil is lubing the engine and transmission, keeping your clutch wet, and acts as a tranny coolling agent. It's working pretty hard. Dont skimp. Mobile is about $8 at AutoZone per quart. I could tell a drastic difference when I went back to the syn oil. I change oil and filter every 2k miles or less.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Of course each is his/her own...but I am running Mobil 1 15/50 full synthetic (regular MOBILE oil)..i will find the link and post it in a few minutes but cycleworld did a test on full synt. and motorcycle oil and compared blah blah.... I rather people read the facts and not take a person word but some of the regular full synt beat motorcycle full synt with specific test 4 motorcycles....and u save money getting the same results

·
Registered
7 Posts
setxninja said:
Hello all, I am about to get a '05 zx-6r 636 ninja with about 3000 miles on it. It has had the oil changed once at the dealership. When I take delivery of it I am wanting to put fresh oil in it and wanted to know what's the best oil.

I really like Royal Purple oil, I use it in my LS1 Trans Am and I really like it. Top quality stuff. Have any of you used or heard of people using Royal Purple in their Ninja's? What seems to be the best out there. Here's what I found on the Royal Purple website, MaxCycle.....http://www.synerlec.com/prodsa/mcycle.html

kind of off topic but what did you give for the bike?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was running Mobil 1 15-50 Automotive oil and its excellent stuff. I did enough research beforehand and I can say its better than most oils. I recently switched to Amsoil 10-40 cycle oil and I believe its a little better than either Mobil 1's. Cant go wrong either way. Which ever is easier to find and or cheaper. Its up to you. I always use WIX filters as they are superior filters. CarQuest and Napa sell them under their label. K&N is about the same but more money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I run NEO 0W5 full Diesther synthetic, and have done for ten years on both race and road bikes. I swear by it. It's a U.S. company, so check for your local distributor.:smile

·
Registered
604 Posts
Go to a auto store, and get the cheepest stuff.....hehe:tard

·
Registered
62 Posts
this guy at the shop said to use canola oil...he swears by it so i jus use that!!..i can get it pretty decently priced at safeway or albertsons..i try to buy in bulk..its the good stuff:crazyloco

sux though my bike only has 1000 miles on it and it seized up for some weird reason..must be manufacturer defect

jk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts