Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an oil pan modification to increase oil to #3 bearing for the ZX-11? I did a few searches and came up with nothing. I saw a ZX-11 a long time ago advertised with this mod being accomplished.

Anyone?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
$295? I don't think so. I think Kawasaki should cover this under a recall for their failed design!

I was cleaning up my engine parts last night and I noticed that the #3 crank main bearing's center hole didn't seem to line up with the oil passage in the block. The bearing is in the correct position, but the hole was half blocked. I took my dremel tool and ground away some of the oil passage (on the block side) and now they line up. That's just scary. Is this where the cronic #3 problem is? I thought the problem was with the connecting rod, not the main bearing.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I was cleaning up my engine parts last night and I noticed that the #3 crank main bearing's center hole didn't seem to line up with the oil passage in the block. The bearing is in the correct position, but the hole was half blocked. I took my dremel tool and ground away some of the oil passage (on the block side) and now they line up.
Every ZX-11 I saw and read about are made that way on that bearing. Even those that keep on running and running...

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are some who swear that fixing this solves the problem. Also look at the hole in #4 main cap and make sure that it lines up with its feed tube. Dremel it as necc. Check the brazed joints inside the feed tubes also. They may need a bit of cleaning up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts