·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,701 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Dang, used pans on ebay start at $249, however I found a 1400 Concours pan that APPEARS identical for less than $100
Compare the part numbers from a site like cheapcycleparts.com . If it's the same, use it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Cycle shops in my area (Houston) are filled and making serious money on ATV services to the point they are setting bike jobs aside or turning them away. If I had a independent shop man..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Drop the exhaust, swing the radiator out. Or remove it and flush ur cooling system while ur at it, then should b fairly straightforward to swap the pan. Not difficult, just takes some patience

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Cycle shops in my area (Houston) are filled and making serious money on ATV services to the point they are setting bike jobs aside or turning them away. If I had a independent shop man..
That's crazy. I'm not in a big city like Houston. So, I've haven't experienced this. However, I will say that 1 of the 2 independent shops here was a 1 man shop. Then he got sick and has been in the hospital for 2mos. I won't take my bike to the other shop. Bad enough that I'm paying a professional to clean up my f-ups (when it happens). Not going to have 3 sets of hands in my bike.

E.G.: when I broke my engine case because I pinched the master link too tight; causing the chain to break at highway speeds. I just pay a professional to do the chain and sprockets going forward.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Didn't even care how long it took...just wanted it fixed. Luckily a certified shop nearby did the work. 3.5 hrs.

Reactions: 92Ninjas

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I told them to try EZ's Flex Tape suggestion but they declined. :D :LOL: :D

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Didn't even care how long it took...just wanted it fixed. Luckily a certified shop nearby did the work. 3.5 hrs.
How much $$?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts