Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out on a little ride last night and noticed that my oil light doesn't go out after I turn on the ignition. Usually I turn on the ignition, wait for the fuel pump to charge the oil light goes out and I start the bike. Now the oil light doesn't go out till I start the bike. I checked the oil, added just a bit to be sure, still the same. Anyone here have any advise? The bike(06) has Brocks full smeg/pciii/speed healer/no sec throttle plates/swing exten(last night)/lower links and strap. After so many miles I changed oil/filter and all was good till last night after I put on the swing arm extensions...Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You don't know much about engine's do you. Oil pump is mechanicaly driven via the motor, so motor no go, no oil pressure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oil light

Thanks...maybe it is just me having a brain fart. I swear the light was different. Anyway probably was a dumb question. I know that it is an oil light that monitors oil pressure, when the engine is started it goes out like it is supposed to. Just didn't remember it that way or something. As long as the light goes out there shouldn't be anything wrong with the engine and you have good oil pressure. Maybe I am crazy! I do have knowledge on this stuff, I swear...:crazyloco

1 - 3 of 3 Posts