Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just got my new 06 zx 10r( pics soon). I love looking at it since its too cold to ride it right now.
I just wanted to make sure since this is my first kawi, before i start the bike i see a red blinking oil light. Is this normal? It goes away after i start the bike.
I am guessing its a low oil pressure light and goes off when the bike is running,

Just wanted to be sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
yeah well when the engine is off there is no oil pressure therefore it will flash.
thats why once u start it goes off.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i kinda feel stupid, i read the owners manual and figured that out.

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
and if you notice you also see a FI image too let you know the FI system is otay also!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, that i figured

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok guys. I had a really low charged battery and just swapped it out for a new one and both the oil symbol, red light and F1 is flashing. Whats going on after I changed out battery.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,356 Posts
Ok guys. I had a really low charged battery and just swapped it out for a new one and both the oil symbol, red light and F1 is flashing. Whats going on after I changed out battery.
Better off starting your own thread

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,356 Posts
When i googled my problem , this thread popped up.
Didn't want to start another repetitive thread.
No harm, no foul.
Well, your problem is differing from the OP's question. Also, these lights that come on; is it when the bike is Key On Engine off(KOEo) or Key On Engine On (KOEO)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts