Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in previous thread I changed the oil at 600 miles in the shaft drive as it was'nt done by the main dealer.I only changed it the once and now have a slight leak from the drain bolt on the shaft drive.I did'nt over tighten it and did'nt change the washer.
Went to the main dealers yesterday to do the right thing and order the genuine washer. You know the one that comes with the plastic bag with Kawasaki on it they charge extra for. No washer as it is special order. So how do they do a proper service and change the shaft oil without the washers ? I give up. I will change the oil again and have to buy some copper washers and find one that fits. Then go to the main agents and sell them for £1.99 each.:banghead

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey Mask - received my Service Manual today and looked this up. YES you are supposed to REPLACE the gasket on the final drive drain bolt. Under replacing the oil drain bolt it lists a * "star" which means conditional. Reading some of the other "conditional" items I assume that it only needs to be replaced if worn, cracked, or otherwise damaged. Guess we should all be ordering a few of each to have on-hand.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still no washer

Over a week since the dealer apparently ordered my washer for the leak. Heard nothing from them. Thinking of buying a screen and inner bags to go away touring in summer 2008. In a state of panic I will have to go to the dealers 9.00am Monday and order them incase they are not here in time.:banghead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts