Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There appears to be some kind of oil leak at the rear drive. I noticed this when i was cleaning my Concours yesterday. It is coming from an area near the drain plug on the pumpkin and where the drive shaft enters the trans at the u-joint. The bike only has 500 miles on it. I guess it's off to the dealer. Needless to say I'm a little disappointed. WTF. Anybody else ? Better have a close look before you take that long trip. Lee

·
Registered
48 Posts
There appears to be some kind of oil leak at the rear drive. I noticed this when i was cleaning my Concours yesterday. It is coming from an area near the drain plug on the pumpkin and where the drive shaft enters the trans at the u-joint. The bike only has 500 miles on it. I guess it's off to the dealer. Needless to say I'm a little disappointed. WTF. Anybody else ? Better have a close look before you take that long trip. Lee
Can you post a photo of where the leak is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oil leak at Rear Drive

:angry I cleaned the area figuring it was left over oil from the aseembly at the factory or at set up time. I will keep a close eye on it. If the leak returns, I will photograph it and post it here. Lee

·
Registered
368 Posts
If the leak is coming from the filler plug, it should have a .31mm o-ring installed on it which could be missing, cut, twisted somehow improperly installed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The o ring is a crush washer, good for only one use.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Heres keeping my fingers crossed for you, leaks over the back tyre are not good for the nerves!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Lee'

The only fluid that I have had back there is after changing the back tire and it's first service when they change the gear fluid. They sometimes miss a little on the clean up and it spreads every where.

Daka

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive done 750kms in 2 weeks and noticed what looked like oil marks on the rear rim - more like lines of dust stuck to oil. (Reminded me of the ole' chain days). The marks wiped off very easily (unlike the chain days), but it did concern me a tad and I did see what appeared to be a small amount of liquid inside the plastic trim on the outside of the 'diff'.

As the bike is almost due for its 1000km check so I'll ask them to look into it further. The filler looks secure so I don't think thats the cause.

On another note, I am looking to replace the muffler but can only see 'Two Brothers' offering an option at the moment. I sent an email to Yoshimura and they replied a few days ago saying they weren't looking to make a replacement muffler for the C14 at this time. So options appear to be limited.

·
Registered
46 Posts
On another note, I am looking to replace the muffler but can only see 'Two Brothers' offering an option at the moment. I sent an email to Yoshimura and they replied a few days ago saying they weren't looking to make a replacement muffler for the C14 at this time. So options appear to be limited.
Give it some time and other companies will have something available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
leak at rear drive

:clap I'm happy to report that my drive line is not leaking. It was just left over lube from the factory or from set up at the dealership. I did the 600 mile service myself and all appears well. This bike runs like a smooth scalded cat. :scared Does throw off alot of heat like my ZX14 though. Lee.

·
Registered
164 Posts

I spoke to Blue Flame exhausts last week and the GTR is on the list for some R & D into a Evo3 slip on when they can get thier hands on one as a test mule.

The Carbon Fibre Evo3 looks like it would fit in quite well

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/bike/evo_race_cans.asp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts